Looking for a light....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ordered one of the DRIS shorties and have taken it on 2 dives, a shallow river dive and a deep lake dive. Awesome light I would like to find some rechargeable batteries for it though, do you use any?

Ordered one of the DRIS shorties and have taken it on 2 dives, a shallow river dive and a deep lake dive. Awesome light I would like to find some rechargeable batteries for it though, do you use any?

Some rechargeable Ni-MH batteries may not fit in the battery carrier. My XX Eneloops don't work. But there are mix results with this. I think most cells work fine.

I like to use a single Li-ion battery rather than AA cells. 26500 Li-ion. see BLF review.

My favorite dive lights are made by XTAR.
Diving Series
I use the D01, D02 and I just ordered a D06. They are all powered by Li-ion rechargeable battery (18650 or 18700) and controlled by a continuous brightness slider and twisty on/off. Compact and fit nicely into the Oxycheq dive sock. I can turn them on and off or in-between with one hand underwater with the slider control. The latest, D06, has a 900 lumen max brightness and costs about $70. The company is based in Hong Kong but has a distributor in Huntington Beach. They also sell first rate batteries and chargers. They beat many of the lights on the market at a fraction of the cost.

I just wish they made a photo or video light.

Back
Top Bottom