looking for advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For those of you who want to have a meaningful dialog on the Internet with those under twenty, this site may be useful to you. :D

Marc

Tech Diver once bubbled...
I intended on spelling school the way i did cause its what teenagers do now a days so im sorry if your not in the 21st century

Let me me make sure I've got this right: it's currently cool to act stupid and uneducated even if one isn't?

Welcome to the new century!

=-)

way back in the 1960's using slang in much the same way Tech Diver is now. The 'Old folks' were horrified. I'm fairly old now and have the same reaction to his spelling as my parents did to mine. I wound up teaching journalism. Likely as not, he'll wind up a professor laughing about us old "stick-in-the-mud" types. Lighten up on him...this is supposed to be fun!

Well said

Nice one Dutchdown

Now can we all get on please ???

Especially about communication... or the lack of it... and especially on a forum designed specifically to generate a free and comprehensive exchange of ideas. The irony is simply too great.

Question asked and answered... suggest respectfully we leave it at that...

FLL Diver once bubbled...
For those of you who want to have a meaningful dialog on the Internet with those under twenty, this site may be useful to you. :D

Marc

I think you missed a key point here. We didn't solicit a dialog with him, he asked the question of us. If you want advice from a stockbroker, you better understand their language when they give you an answer.

On the other hand... if he was asking for advice from his peers rather than us, then more power to him. There are, after all, a fair number of members on here that are close to his age.

to come on the board acting like an ignorant little twerp, then criticize people who have EXTENSIVE diving (and other) backgrounds and then expect them to share their knowledge with you...you are so clueless.

The misconception that proper spelling, grammar, etc isn't appreciated on the net is bs...your last post is almost unintelligible...we don't have time to sit around decoding lamely constructed messages from the cool teen crowd.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom