Looking for Dive Charter in Ft. Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kelemvor

Big Fleshy Monster
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm going to the blue wild expo next month and am looking for a nearby dive charter. I prefer bigger newton type boats but I can live with smaller boats. Who has recommendations for me out of Ft. Lauderdale?

The closer to the Ft. Lauderdale Beach Marriott Courtyard, the better.

American Dream is nearby and they only charge $55/diver. They also do private 4 hour charters for $1k. Would be cool to get 10 or so scubaboarders together and rent the whole boat. It's setup for 24 divers at a time. I don't know anyone who's used this operation before though.

Last edited:
In Ft. Lauderdale, I think most if not all charters go out of Pompano. I used Pompano Dive Center last time I was down there. There's also great shore diving right off the beach in Lauderdale by the Sea.

We dived with Daptain Bill and Sea Experience out of Fort Lauderdale last week, we did a wreck + drift on a reef. Didn't find the reef to be all that great but the wreck was a good dive.

They have a large flat boat with protection from the elements, it's a very comfortable boat to dive from.

In Ft. Lauderdale, I think most if not all charters go out of Pompano. I used Pompano Dive Center last time I was down there. There's also great shore diving right off the beach in Lauderdale by the Sea.
Pretty sure I've dived with pompano dive center. It's a half hour drive though, and I'd like to avoid that. I'm planning to do an morning dive and then go to the convention afterwards.

There are tons of operators out of Fort Lauderdale.

if you go out of Port everglades with sea experience try to do the tenneco towers dive...yes i have dove with them when i dive south broward county and do the towers...they are pros and have a safe crew.

They're only 2 minutes from the hotel. Have you dived with them before and had a good experience?

As I said, I dived with them last week. Captain Bill is a nice guy with a great attitude, even laughed at my jokes. Already told you about the boat and the dives, and to expand on it, it's rather chilly in Florida, or at least it was last week, and this boat has it's main deck area enclosed by hanging plastic sheets and tarps to keep you out of the wind and weather. The boat is docked right by the shop, and the shop was able to replace a busted regulator O-ring that a shop we used earlier in the week could not- and they didn't even charge us for it.

Nice guys, they're now my #1 choice when diving in Fort Lauderdale. See their FB page for my video if you want an idea of a typical wreck dive.

You can park in the lot for the hotel and when you tell the attendant you dived with Sea Xp the cost is only $5.

Thanks, Sea Experience sounds like a winner! I saw them when I searched google maps, but was initially turned off by their website.

I'm from the Tampa area so I fully understand our recent weather woes. Weather.com shows Lauderdale to have highs in the low 80's by April 14th, and I'm hoping the gulf stream will continue to warm the waters a bit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom