Charter Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SpaceCat

Registered
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking for recommendations for a charter to use in September to do some wreck diving for my mother's 50th birthday.

We are specifically looking for a 6 pack boat that we can rent out all the spaces (we will have between 4 and 6 people, but we want to take all 6 spaces so we have a private boat). We are looking for 2-3 days of diving, 2-3 dives a day, preferred around the Moorehead City area (or anywhere nearby that can get to those wrecks).

Our ideal charter would build a site list with us instead of just picking for us, weather and sea conditions permitting. We have specific wrecks that we want to see, though we are open to other wrecks to fill in gaps, mix and match, or if sea conditions just don't allow for what we were hoping to see. We are really hoping to get over to the U-352 sometime over the course of the couple days, conditions permitting. We are certainly open to suggestions with wrecks we should check out, or ones better suited for the days conditions, we have just gotten a little frustrated with the preset menu of the same wrecks every day of the bigger charters, or planning for certain wrecks and always ending up with that last second open water student being stuffed onto the boat so we can't go to some of the more advanced wrecks.

We are all comfortable, non-technical divers.

I am looking for recommendations for a charter to use in September to do some wreck diving for my mother's 50th birthday.

We are specifically looking for a 6 pack boat that we can rent out all the spaces (we will have between 4 and 6 people, but we want to take all 6 spaces so we have a private boat). We are looking for 2-3 days of diving, 2-3 dives a day, preferred around the Moorehead City area (or anywhere nearby that can get to those wrecks).

Our ideal charter would build a site list with us instead of just picking for us, weather and sea conditions permitting. We have specific wrecks that we want to see, though we are open to other wrecks to fill in gaps, mix and match, or if sea conditions just don't allow for what we were hoping to see. We are really hoping to get over to the U-352 sometime over the course of the couple days, conditions permitting. We are certainly open to suggestions with wrecks we should check out, or ones better suited for the days conditions, we have just gotten a little frustrated with the preset menu of the same wrecks every day of the bigger charters, or planning for certain wrecks and always ending up with that last second open water student being stuffed onto the boat so we can't go to some of the more advanced wrecks.

We are all comfortable, non-technical divers.
I highly recommend Bobbie and Renate Edwards' Atlantis charter - Atlantis Charters Home

Great boat and fantastic crew - availability may be tight, but they are so worth it!

Cindy Norris and her boat the Instigator may be able to help. She runs a six pack, and is willing to go to what ever sites you would like.
I 2nd this. @SpaceCat if you give her enough advance she'll clear the schedule and she'll go wherever you want to go. Also has very inexpensive lodging available 15 min from the boat.

She is more of a "you're a diver, I'm getting you to the dive site, now go dive".. so no hand holding of any kind. I'm sure she would dive with you if you wanted (and point out some really cool stuff).

She was spearfishing on my dive so we were both on the wreck and came across each other, she stopped to show me an octopus (that I would have never seen). Even got it to come out and play a little.

Very cool chick, big fan!

I went ahead and booked with Atlantis Charters. So far the experience working with them has been good, I appreciate the other suggestions though! Its good to have a list of good places in case the one I normally use is full/unavailable.

10 divers (from all over the states) met a couple weeks ago in Key Largo. We all had so much fun we are putting together a trip with Olympus Dive Center around the time of your trip. 4-8 Sep. We have tech and rec divers in the group. A third of us are DM/instructors. The shop has a “lounge”, more like a hostel that we may all stay in. Room for 30, with male/female sections as well as a common area for visiting and kitchen. Price is $45 per person per night. Place is two blocks from the dock with a gear drying area. Just letting you know of other options.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom