Custom Boat Charter in NC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the peoples names on his web site are those the names of the wrecks or the names of people chartering his boat? It doesn't say.

They are the customers names. Dive site can vary. For tech charters, do not expect him to take you deep if you’ve never dove with him before. He’s very safety conscious and wants to know you have your Shyte together before he will take you to the deeper stuff.
Usually hit the normal rec depth stuff on your first trip with him (proteus, tarpon, Dixie arrow, etc)…then if he doesn’t think you are going to kill yourself he will talk about the deeper stuff(Manuela, EM Clark, lancing, empire gem, etc).
The man has seen too many train wrecks and isn’t interested in your money if you aren’t competent to do the dive.
There’s no BS tolerated on his boat. Do dumb shite and you won’t be invited back.
Some folks don’t like that, personally though I think it’s a selling point for his charters. Dude has his stuff together and knows what he’s doing.

The Atlantis IV in Atlantic Beach is the way to go if they have availabilty - Atlantis Charters Home
It doesn't get better than Bobby and Renate and the Pink Boat!

They are the customers names. Dive site can vary. For tech charters, do not expect him to take you deep if you’ve never dove with him before. He’s very safety conscious and wants to know you have your Shyte together before he will take you to the deeper stuff.
Usually hit the normal rec depth stuff on your first trip with him (proteus, tarpon, Dixie arrow, etc)…then if he doesn’t think you are going to kill yourself he will talk about the deeper stuff(Manuela, EM Clark, lancing, empire gem, etc).
The man has seen too many train wrecks and isn’t interested in your money if you aren’t competent to do the dive.
There’s no BS tolerated on his boat. Do dumb shite and you won’t be invited back.
Some folks don’t like that, personally though I think it’s a selling point for his charters. Dude has his stuff together and knows what he’s doing.
It sounds like you know this guy well. None of those deeper wrecks are resonating with me. Does he charter to Tech wrecks of WWII ? If so, which ones ?

South Florida Dive HQ is having major mishaps all the time. They just change the boats name. No big deal.

It sounds like you know this guy well. None of those deeper wrecks are resonating with me. Does he charter to Tech wrecks of WWII ? If so, which ones ? South Florida Dive HQ is having major mishaps all the time. They just change the boats name. No big deal.

I’m not sure what you are asking for. Do you want just military vessels from WWII? Literally all the wrecks mentioned were torpedoed by U boats.

If you want to dive a U-boat, there’s U85, U701 and U352 in recreational depths. None of those are commonly dived from Hatteras.

I’m not sure if you are being sarcastic considering dove mishaps, but from a charter captain’s perspective, especially one that actually gives a damn about their reputation…it’s a big F-ing deal.

I’m not sure what you are asking for. Do you want just military vessels from WWII? Literally all the wrecks mentioned were torpedoed by U boats.

If you want to dive a U-boat, there’s U85, U701 and U352 in recreational depths. None of those are commonly dived from Hatteras.

I’m not sure if you are being sarcastic considering dove mishaps, but from a charter captain’s perspective, especially one that actually gives a damn about their reputation…it’s a big F-ing deal.
Yes, that was sarcasm. I am aware of those 3 U Boats. I didn't know that the wrecks you listed were all U Boat victims. Thanks for that info and I will look into them.

Yes, that was sarcasm. I am aware of those 3 U Boats. I didn't know that the wrecks you listed were all U Boat victims. Thanks for that info and I will look into them.
All except the Tarpon…. There’s also plenty of operation drumbeat casualties out of Morehead City.

oops...delete. someone beat me to it.. :)

Thanks fellows. My info is that Captain JT no longer runs dive trips. I dove with him and it was a very well run operation with a lift at the back of his boat that lowers divers. and brings them up. I think he only takes fishing trips now.

My info is that Captain JT no longer runs dive trips.
He does, but he schedules dives in the off-season. If you see a date on his dive schedule that you are interested in, email the person that has the boat chartered for those dates. Sometimes they have open seats.
If you want to charter the whole boat on a date not posted on the schedule, email or call JT and see if he’s got availability…but you have to charter the whole boat and fill it yourself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom