Looking for Dive Charter in Ft. Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

water is warming up fast....we are getting temps around 74F lately...so 3mm wet suits soon (like next week or so)....have a great trip and happy diving.

was initially turned off by their website.

What turned you off about the website? Just curious doesn't seem much different than any other scuba dive op's website.

, and I'm hoping the gulf stream will continue to warm the waters a bit.

It was the air temps that were the issue for us last week, not the water. Somewhat chilly to say the least, but again the boat offers good protection.

What a fun trip plan!

if you go out of Port everglades with sea experience try to do the tenneco towers dive...yes i have dove with them when i dive south broward county and do the towers...they are pros and have a safe crew.

Yes to Tenneco Towers.

What turned you off about the website? Just curious doesn't seem much different than any other scuba dive op's website.
It's tough to put my finger on it exactly. I guess it struck me as being primarily a snorkeling operation. You've got to dig around to find out that they do actually have a second boat setup for divers. After digging through some more, obviously they do both. First impressions and all.. I'm going to book our dives with them today.

Don't forget to go through the gate when you get to the parking lot and grab a ticket that you can validate for $5 on the way out. The dive shop is pretty much straight ahead, the boat is docked to the left, at the North-West corner of the lot facing the main road that you came in on. If you go to the right and find yourself in a big open parking lot you're in the wrong place.

I've used American Dream and Sea Experience tons of times. Both equally good, with good crew members. Its a toss up for me. Both have different style boats if thats important for you. The reef in Ft. Lauderdale is pretty meh, but the wrecks are decent. If your gonna drive to Pompano, might as well hit Jupiter.

I have used American Dream, as well as Sea Exp and SF Dive Hq.
American Dream has the boat you are looking for. Parking is free by the boat. They do not like you loading tanks onboad, they do that for you.
SFDive Hq is a real cattle drive, especially when loading up at the dock and exit...pretty annoying to me, but good crew (pontoon)
Sea Exp is a pontoon, decent crew. Good parking deal as someone mentioned.
They all do the same sites, so check there schedule.

They do not like you loading tanks onboad, they do that for you.
What a coincidence, I don't like me loading tanks onto boats either! I always enjoy it and profusely thank/tip the dm's who do that for me. Worthington LP108's are heavy.

As mentioned Sea Experience and American Dream are local to Ft. Lauderdale and I've been on both many times. American Dream is a much faster boat to and from the dive sites, and American Dream is also closer to the inlet so your time is used more "efficiently" on American Dream. I've also found that American Dream is more likely to not be very crowded this time of year and seems to draw a more experienced/local diver than Sea Experience. Both have very good crews and take good care of their divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom