Looking for Mr Goodmask- Narrow face, big nose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

datetree:
to terrasmask so you liked the scubapro trinidad frameless? or was it the frameless, or frameless 2
The trinidad mask , fit me perfect . I'm in the big nose, narrow to med face class.

Hi guys, here are the results from my mask comparison. So i compared the masks i listed above to the X-Vision both in terms of fit and field of vision. I ruled out the Scubapro Frameless 2 because it doesn't even compare to the Mares as far field of vision is concerned (fit was OK, not better than the Mares). The Cressi Matrix did not fit my face, it basically didn't hold suction at all. Again, this may or may not apply to others but to me it seems not to fit narrow faces.

The one that did fit was the Oceanic Shadow which (at least from photos online) looks very similar to the Scubapro Trinidad. It also has very good field of vision, slightly less horizontally than the Mares but slightly more laterally. datetree, hope this helps as a recommendation.

terrasmak, did you make a direct comparison between the trinidad and the Dive Rite and went with the former?

theatis:
terrasmak, did you make a direct comparison between the trinidad and the Dive Rite and went with the former?
The dive rite should be in the mail , sometime this week . I will do a small camparison on them as soon as it comes it.

Theatis, I share your narrow faced, Greek-nosed dilemma, and I found the X-Vision Mid a great fit. It's definitely a better fit for me than the standard X-Vision. It's newer, I believe, so I'm not sure if it's out everywhere and the color selection is probably more limited but it's worth looking at if you have a narrow face.

I have a similar 'problem'. I have quite a narrow face, large nose and prominant brow. I found the seacsub extreme to be a good fit. Could be worth investigating.

Well i finally got my DR mask in , so far its pretty nice. Fits my Italian , czek,polish nose well and seals pretty good . Before i dive it im heading to the LDS to try the Tinidad and compare the two, one of the two will be on my face in the water by the end of the day

Well i got in the Dive rite Frameless mask . Fits pretty good , very soft skirts , but just not as good as the Trinadad that i just found on the island. The dive rite has a larger nose pocket , and should be a must for anyone with a larger nose than me. The dive rite also seems to have a higher volume to it , could be caused by the way it fits me

IMO if you have a large nose and the Mares or scubapro masks dont fit right it is a must try , it a high quality mask i would recomend to anyone, kinda dispointed it didnt fit me.

I ordered the Mares opera, and Cressi Big Eyes from Leisurepro. They came, they were seen through- thy didn't concquer! They didn't fit. Cressi was too wide, and opera was too small for the nose. Both wre probably too small for the nose. The dive rite deep pocket sounds good...

datetree:
I ordered the Mares opera, and Cressi Big Eyes from Leisurepro. They came, they were seen through- thy didn't concquer! They didn't fit. Cressi was too wide, and opera was too small for the nose. Both wre probably too small for the nose. The dive rite deep pocket sounds good...
Give it a try , ive got a huge nose and it had room for me , it may just be your fancy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom