Looking for my dream site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's all about the airfare rates.

The St. Vincent poster has posted this same info to numerous threads.
His website states prices that lead me to believe that the cost would actually be more than Bonaire - not approximately 1/2.

If someone will send me $10,000 or so - I will be glad to go to St. Vincent with a dive buddy and submit a detailed trip report. I will even refund the amount of the $10,000 not used. :D

Deputy Dan,

Your williness to sacrifice your time for the sake of fellow SBers should be commended :acclaim:

You ARE the man.

:D

---------- Post added June 3rd, 2013 at 02:50 PM ----------

I am starting a soda pop can collection right now at work...it won't be too long before we raise the funds needed :)

My Coco View trips (Been 3 times and love the place) run around $2,250. Last time I went, first class airfare was $125 more that the cattle section. - Guess where I sat !!!

Around $1,300 for CCV, around $800 for air and $150 or so for tips, etc.
Each trip will vary a little. I'm not into extra purchases on a dive trip and I take all my own gear.

I have been tinkering with putting together trips to St Vincent and the Grenadines. I is a more pristine and off the track destination than Bonaire. But have not found it to be easier to get customers too or cheaper. If anyone comes out with affordable options from Canada I am missing, please let me know.

Please look us up and if there is any thing we can do to help you in planning and arranging your trip please feel free to ask. We have what your after and then some, you won't be disappointed!

Any suggestions on how to get there? I just tried searching for flights from Washington, DC to SVD with both Kayak and Vayama and neither site could find ANY flights to there.

Any suggestions on how to get there? I just tried searching for flights from Washington, DC to SVD with both Kayak and Vayama and neither site could find ANY flights to there.

ITA site (Matrix - ITA Software) shows airfare from IAD to SVD to be around $941 in September.....but that is with 5 (FIVE) stops. With 2 stops it goes up to $994.....slightly cheaper flights are available if you do not fly on Saturday.

We have all that and more for roughly half the price of Bonaire. Look us up on google and come find our secret little "hidden gem" island. Thriving reefs, no big resorts or touristy crowds, notoriously clear waters that have long been held exclusively for the rich and famous. Shore diving is stellar from the southern end all the way around the leeward side. Easy day trips to other islands as well. There as LOTS of reasons "why St.Vincent" on our website. Please look us up and if there is any thing we can do to help you in planning and arranging your trip please feel free to ask. We have what your after and then some, you won't be disappointed!

From the 'left' coast, airfare is outrageous. PDX --> SVD is ~$2500 !! Ouch

I can fly to Bali for about that much $

I second Fiji. From the West Coast US it doesn't break the bank. Rainbow of color, more coral and fish than you can shake a stick at and the exchange rate is sliding more favorable to the USD (nearly 2:1). No dive limit times (other than staying out of deco when diving with us) and warm clear (most of the time) water. LOVE IT. But then again we're a little biased. Still too good to leave, that has to say something. ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom