Looking for new wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
My Oxy Extreme is nearing end of its life.

Assuming I could even find one not sure I'd want to drop the $500> on one.

Been looking around at current offerings but nothing has caught me eye.

Had the DGX one but in comparison to my Oxy was shocked at how thin it was. Not sure in reality if it was real world meaningful.

The AGIR blackbird looks nice but unsure if it's sealed.

The Apeks looks like an Oxy but not feeling the proprietary dump valve.

The Finnsub looks nice but info and online sales hard to find.

The Helium looks nice but well, you know...

If anyone has a wing they love, is robust, user accessible bladder, generic parts, about 30lbs lift, I use STA so not bothered about band slots etc, happy for recommendations.

Thank you.

I have a SubGravity Paragon 30 lb wing. The wings come in a variety of colors and sizes. The SS plates come in a couple of sizes as well. They seem to be robust. I can’t tell you how they stack up to others. To be honest, one reason I chose them is because I can drive to their headquarters, but they always answer the phone with helpful people.

It sounds like the real issue is what can you buy locally since anything you order may never arrive.

the DGX is a very good wing, Oxy are much heavier than necessary. I’m curious about the sub gravity but haven’t looked to deeply into them yet. I have a dive rite 35 which works well with the S Tek STA but also still using the VDH 35 with a standard STA on my S plate.

the narrow DGX on my S plate with the S STA works great for warm water because it restricts the wing to about 20 lb lift.

The DGX that I bought 2 years ago is an Oxy. That may have changed since then, but I really like it.

Erik

"It sounds like the real issue is what can you buy locally since anything you order may never arrive."
1699281098713.png
1699281098713.png

I called SG today and they are going to get me thickness (in mils) of the bladder. I'll pass it on.

I wonder if an Oxy bladder would fit in the DGX wing?

Otherwise sounds like you are a committed Oxy customer and just need to bite the bullet. You could buy two DGX's wings for the price of the oxy.. shoot they almost charge a full wing replacement cost just for their bladders..

Here is a link to the bladder replacements from Oxy:

Also you made me wonder about bladder replacement for my DGX wing. It sounds like they will sell and/or replace for DGX. Here is a snippet from the comments section on DGX's website:
1699296529851.png

Get a Dive Rite Travel XT or their Voyager XT wing. My wife and I have Voyagers...they are bomb proof, and when Dive Rite introduced the XT super-fabric wings, Lamar made a video that advertised they guaranteed the XT wings for life. Its been a handful of years and I have yet to be disappointed with ours:

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom