Looking for new wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Simon , I have a HOG SS plate and wing we could do a swap for , well you know what for.
Comes with a spare al plate and trim pockets.
Post photos when I get back from the Woodford Folk festival, last gig tonight.

Hi, 17kg is about 34,5 pounds. Check out this online converter for specific results. 0,5 pounds may become a problem.
other way round..... 37.4 lbs.

1 kilo = 2.2 lbs

Oh gawd! As much as we obsess over dive gear it is nothing compared to bike fetishists! We are doomed now ... 🤣
Well, before scuba I came in from the world of bikes - the snobbery over bikes and kit is even worse. To the modern roadie who isn’t a MAMIL, if you’re not riding the latest Specialized S-Works Tarmac/Venge or a Cervelo and you’re not wearing Rapha, MAAP or Pas Normal Studios kit, you’re nobody. Diving has cut into bikes for me, but I still ride. I got a classic steel road bike - a Jamis Quest Elite. Reynolds 631 main tubes, Columbus carbon fork, full Shimano 105 11-speed gruppo. Custom painted. Not the lightest, not the fastest, but it’s a solid machine.

Oh, my current wing has 27lbs of lift - which is fine for the fun dives I do. But I need a bit more lift if I do deeper, I’m looking for a 35-40lb lift one to put on the wish list. Recommendations?

Why? Unless you are adding lead to counteract additional exposure protection (more neoprene or thicker undergarments), your need for lift doesn't change with depth.
Well, as it stands in my current config - HP100, 7mm wetsuit + hooded vest + 5mm gloves and 18lbs of lead - 11lbs on weight belt, rest as trim on upper cam band, I’m fine. With the LP95s being a bit more floaty but heavy, I need 21lbs of lead. I dive the coldish waters of NorCal and I used @rsingler’s Optimal Buoyancy Computer to run the numbers. Insufficient BC lift. I can swim up my current setup as it stands.

Why? Unless you are adding lead to counteract additional exposure protection (more neoprene or thicker undergarments), your need for lift doesn't change with depth.
I believe with increased depth and wet suit compression your relative weight increases and at some point may exceed the lift of a small wing or BCD...so yes I think the "need for lift can change with depth"...but hey, I could be wrong...

Back
Top Bottom