Looking for new wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WTF???!!!!!!
I think that might take you a while to hammer out by hand in your shop.

But if you have a multi-hundred ton class stamping press and the $$$ for tooling, it does check some functionality boxes.

Also, FWIW I think it had some kind of flexible under-plate/pad pad associated with it for comfort.

On another note, did @buddhasummer ever find his wing, or has the thread drift chased him away?

Also, FWIW I think it had some kind of flexible under-plate/pad pad associated with it for comfort.
After a quick view on the web they used it on a few products. With the modular BC is appeared to be an optional item as that product has a full harness (like a Transpac). It was also used in the Icaro line that has padding and uses a custom harness (like a Transplate). It is an interesting design, but is discontinued.

Back on point. Scuba.com has the Dive Rite XT on sale for $299. Not sure of the shipping down under.

Here is Nemrod's ultimate backplate:
View attachment 811598

Found this on Amazon, it was used in something called a modular BC. Details were scarce so I looked at the Seac website. It seems they replaced this product with a conventional backplate. Sometimes new and different doesn't sell. Remember the story of Ford and the Edsel. I remember Tobin mentioning that 80% of the rigs he sold were single tank.

You know, I pulled something not far from that from the dumpster at a dive shop down in Florida. The dive shop guy gave the thumbs up when I pulled it out. It is a project!

I found what remained of Tekna in a dumpster in Houston (not entirely kidding) and I got it all and supplied Tekna parts for free for decades. I also got like six NIB Mark V clones that I use to this day. All thrown away. And I was driving down the road here and passed a bike shop and in the corner of my eye saw the glimmer of alloy and triple triangles and skidded to a stop, scared a cop to death doing a U-turn, had to run an indigent off living in the dumpster and got this:

Well, it did not look like that when I pulled it out. That is a DH regulator hose cover on the top tube doing double duty as a sweat guard. So it is scuba related, see. Yes, the cop tossed on his lights, the indigent went running when the cop came hauling axx up. But as soon as he saw me pull that frame out of the dumpster he was all smiles. No ticket and a new bicycle friend. Good thing you saw it first he said :yeahbaby:. Freaking hydro-formed 6061 tubes and three triangles, just awesome. Soaking wet 18 pounds.

You know, I pulled something not far from that from the dumpster at a dive shop down in Florida. The dive shop guy gave the thumbs up when I pulled it out. It is a project!

I found what remained of Tekna in a dumpster in Houston (not entirely kidding) and I got it all and supplied Tekna parts for free for decades. I also got like six NIB Mark V clones that I use to this day. All thrown away. And I was driving down the road here and passed a bike shop and in the corner of my eye saw the glimmer of alloy and triple triangles and skidded to a stop, scared a cop to death doing a U-turn, had to run an indigent off living in the dumpster and got this:

Well, it did not look like that when I pulled it out. That is a DH regulator hose cover on the top tube doing double duty as a sweat guard. So it is scuba related, see. Yes, the cop tossed on his lights, the indigent went running when the cop came hauling axx up. But as soon as he saw me pull that frame out of the dumpster he was all smiles. No ticket and a new bicycle friend. Good thing you saw it first he said :yeahbaby:. Freaking hydro-formed 6061 tubes and three triangles, just awesome. Soaking wet 18 pounds.
Oh gawd! As much as we obsess over dive gear it is nothing compared to bike fetishists! We are doomed now ... 🤣

Oh gawd! As much as we obsess over dive gear it is nothing compared to bike fetishists! We are doomed now ... 🤣
I was into road biking once upon a time. I’m glad I got out of that one with my hide, but then I got into diving. I’ve heard of people selling off body parts to pay for road bike obsessions!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom