Looking for Rebuild Kit for USD Solid Bar Manifold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kramynot2000

Reaction score
I have two of those solid US Divers (Aqualung) j-valve manifolds that I need to rebuild. Anyone know where I can get a kit for these? I've been googling all morning and can't seem to find a kit although I do have the service manual and even have the part number for the kit (Aqualung #280095). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Tony

That type manifold is listed under Aqua-Lung's Military equipment. If you know someone in the Navy or Marines they might be able to get you a kit. Last year, I picked up three NOS manifolds of the type through military surplus. None of them had ever been used.

If your manifolds aren't leaking and the reserves work, then they don't need servicing.

I agree with Paladin's last sentence. But even if they are leaking, these are pretty simple devices. It the main valve, the only thing that could be leaking is the high pressure seat. I have successfully reconditioned these by using a marble grinding stone for sharpening knives, and grinding it by hand flat. But an easier way (less time too) is to simply buy a new one. Vintage Scuba Supply has these available for $9.00.
US Divers 'K' and 'J' Valve high pressure seats.

Your choice:
US Divers part #0501-09 "nipple and disc" for the 'K' valve (shown)
or US Divers #0525-19 "seat and seat disc retainer assembly" for 'J' valve (basically the same part, only with a hole in the middle). Price $9.00 each.

Concerning the reserve, you may need to lub the O-rings, or possibly replace them if they are used as a pressure seal with the seat screwed down against them. But these are standard O-rings you can get in a kit from your LDS.

Good luck,

SeaRat

Unfortunately, both are leaking. I may try to just take them apart and lube them as all have suggested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom