Looking for Santa Barbara Diving Buddies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

White Knight

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey there, I haven't been on the Board for a while, but I find myself looking for SCUBA buddies lately. I have a 21 ft Striper that I can easily traverse up and down the coast looking for clear water and I also use it to go to the Islands (Anacapa, Santa Cruz, Santa Rosa and San Miguel) on calm water days.

I am a middle age hunter/gatherer kind of guy...so I don't spend a lot of time in the Marine Protected Areas. Anyway, I'd like to have a couple of fellow divers that I can reach out to from time to time who would like to come along as a a dive buddy and offer a little help getting the boat in and out of the water. Helping me wash it down afterwards would be nice too. That said, I'm not looking for money, just some help.

Bruce

IMG_0977.jpg

Bruce

Having been a boat owner most of my life I strongly suggest asking for some money to share expenses. Once I started doing that it eliminated most of the flakes and damage to my boat form the reckless. My wife and I are both active divers (PADI and NAUI DMs) and understand what helping means and sharing expenses. She is mostly a sight seer and photo and I hunt, fish photo or what ever. Also ether of us can drive if you want to round robin or drift dive and I am completely comfortable with solo or buddy dive, while my wife prefers buddy diving. Most of the numbers I have are for Catalina, but do have some for near shore Ventura if you would like to explore. My cell number is 818 388 9324 and feel free to call or text any time.

Steve

Steve, That's great advice! I'll put you on my list and reach out to you sometime. I've never been diving nearshore Ventura so perhaps you could give me the tour sometime. That's awesome that both you and your wife dive! Talk to you soon.

Bruce

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom