Looking for Scuba gear from the movie JAWS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very funny! My very first snorkel gear I got was from R. Miller (hope you are still around brother) in Okinawa 1984 and it was the fins and the mask featured in the movie. The mask I had featured the three "raised or bumps" at the bottom of the nose pocket that you could cut out to make it a purg mask. I used the mask for years until it started to leak. I used it during my OW class and I think that I still have it. I'll have to post a picture. BTW, one of the best mask I have ever used. OBTW, the snorkel was the basic one piece, black with the orange at the tip. You an drink a lot of water with these.

If anyone has any of the items that I posted, please feel free to private message me as well.

US Divers did not make JetFin "flippers" but they did make Rockets.

Aqualung still makes the "Wraparound" mask with US Divers on the lens.

Rocket fins were mostly thrown away or used for target practice, look on eBait.

Those tanks occasionally show up on eBait, sometimes under paint ball equipment or vintage scuba listings.

N

Yeah I realize now that US Divers didn't make the JetFin. Scuba Pro did. I got a pair of those. I need the Wrap Around goggles with Tempered Glass on the Lens.

looks like a Calypso J regulator
Damn, I had one of those if it's the one I'm thinking of.
Only one LP port out the end and an HP port on the side, but the one I had didn't have a J lever on the other end (I think).
It was in a box of free stuff so I gave it away to a guy who makes sculpture out of reclaimed mechanical parts of various kinds.
I didn't think anybody wold ever want it to dive with.

I am diving for 41 years with Jet-Fin La Spirotechnic -Beuchat ..especially deep and stream diving ..I trust Jet -Fin and Royal Mistral ..

Great idea seeking Matt Hooper's rig. I probably have most of it, gonna watch Jaws this week and take notes.

I've been diving USD Super Rocket fins since 1977, I'm now on my third pair. I know they are not Jet fins, (Rockets are super stiff, Jets much more flexible) but as my calves grew in circumference, so did my joy in using Rockets. They are not for everyone: heavy, stiff and huge. But if you're diving a set of twin 72s, in dark cold water, they are nice to have to propel you through the water.

p.s. I've got a set of USD AL 72s set up as doubles too. They do evil things to your trim. Rarely are they used, steel 72s are much, much better.

Hi bkachel, A "Wraparound" US Divers mask is on offer on ebait (mask section) today with the inscription you need.

john

Last edited:
I have many fond memories diving with my old 1972 USD aluminum 80 cylinder.

Attachments

• PICT0007.JPG
    PICT0007.JPG
    240.2 KB · Views: 119
  • PICT0008.JPG
    PICT0008.JPG
    236.7 KB · Views: 109
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom