looking for Tec Dive computer for a good price

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you guys!!!. I`ll definitely check the Petrel.
However, how do you feel about the Dive Rite NiTek Q -V2 Advanced Nitrox? It's so much cheaper than the Petrel. ($600) Do you think Petrel worth the price difference?

Thanks again

Pau

Not even a choice that worth worrying about. Get the Petrel and dont look back. It is possibly my single favorite piece of dive gear. I looked at everything out there and did a ton of research and it all pointed to petrel.

As to the increased cost....is it worth it - YES. Every penny.

Baltic on the iphone allows you to do that with a very polished interface.
My recommendation to students is to use bottom timers when starting training. Better for learning and planning dives since you need to follow plans more carefully. Then, when they move towards more complex dives, 2 multigas computers start to make sense...

Sorry for what I'm about to say: why do you even consider training Trimix if 350$ difference on a computer matters to you? Have you looked at prices of gas for oc trimix dives?

Don't be sorry! meybe I didn't make myself clear. My point is not the cost, is if it worth it. I don`t like to pay for trents or brands just because.
If one is just as good as the other I prefer the cheaper.

I just got the Liquivision Xeo in March. I haven't had much chance to use it, due to health reasons, but I've played with it in the pool and done practice ,dry dives with it.
I really like the unique,tap interface, although I understand it's either love or hate. I think I will be very happy with this computer, once I get to really use it.
the tap interface reminds me of using an IPAD or IPod. It's really easy and intuitive, compared to any dive computer I've ever had.
the only other computer worth considering,IMO, would be the Shearwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom