Looking for used tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When we get unfamiliar bottles made from questionable materials we explain to the customer that we would be happy to fill it just as long as they allow us to hydro it and vip it.
Then you are ripping off your customers according to those articles by PSI.

Go give your ego a rest Mr Flip Flop.
You came on strong at first but now you just sound rude and condescending.

This forum is intended to be a very friendly, "flame free zone" where divers of any skill level may ask questions about basic scuba topics without fear of being accosted. Please show respect and courtesy at all times. Remember that the inquirer is looking for answers that they can understand. This is a learning zone and consequently, any off-topic or overly harsh responses will be removed.

This topic has been covered painfully and endlessly in the Tanks, Valves and Bands - Page 3 - ScubaBoard The 6351's and others are politely covered here http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/tanks-valves-bands/296979-scuba-bomb.html so I'm really not sure the point of the personal attack and nasty attitude nature of these posts, I read through it all, just to see what sort of professional information might be here. Why don't you let this thread die a lonely death instead of slowly torturing everyone else, and the thread to death.

stevefl

If you want inexpensive tanks, you can find good deals almost daily on the used equipment for sale threads Classifieds: Tanks, Valves and Bands - ScubaBoard

It is easy to see why anyone would want to save a few bucks on tanks, and I would buy a used one, as long as it is not on the restricted list (which my Local Dive Shop) Checks every tank against, before every fill. You could also check your local Craigslist or google: craigslist aluminum 80 scuba which will result in a long list of good deals.

Thank you for the excellent link tlt, I was not aware of it. It would have saved me a lot of aggravation defending what I felt was a reasonable and well documented POV. I would also agree that anyone interested in the subject should look there as well.
My appologies to anyone tortured by the making of this thread :D

According to that article/webpage the odds were 3 in 7 million (or 1 in 2.33 million). Any other incidents since then or with cylinders that have undergone eddy current testing?

One last week in Australia, blew the FSO's hand off. Australia has no legal eddy testing requirement like US DOT's 5 yrs interval, Australia requires an annual hydro instead (which actually creates as many problems as it solves).

So to answer your underlying question: yes 6351 cylinders are still exploding and hurting people.

One last week in Australia, blew the FSO's hand off. Australia has no legal eddy testing requirement like US DOT's 5 yrs interval, Australia requires an annual hydro instead (which actually creates as many problems as it solves).

So to answer your underlying question: yes 6351 cylinders are still exploding and hurting people.

Rjack, I'm not being arguementative but if they don't do eddy testing and rely on hydros I don't think it answers my question. I would be interested in the details though. I originally wondered if eddy testing resolves the issue. I'm gone diving for a few days. If you want to continue a discussion of your post I'd be more than glad to do so in the thread tlt suggested. I'll check in once and a while to see if it progresses.

Best regards,
Dale.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This is the basic scuba forum.

Off topic posts removed

Hey, as long as my LDS will fill'em for me and they're OK with the Hydro and vis (they sent it out for hydro and did the vis themselves) I'm cool with that.
I'll probably replace them one at a time but until I buy all new ones, I'll keep using these.

I figured you brought up nationality for some reason. We're all super impressed with Canada and it's $500-600 Al80's if it makes you feel any better.

Yea-Those Canadians, what have they ever done for us? I mean, besides being one of our closest allies for the past oh so many generations...and standing by us in our recent over-seas outing...and the ginger ale and the whiskie...but besides all that, what have they ever done for us?

:lotsalove:

Yea-Those Canadians, what have they ever done for us? I mean, besides being one of our closest allies for the past oh so many generations...and standing by us in our recent over-seas outing...and the ginger ale and the whiskie...but besides all that, what have they ever done for us?

:lotsalove:

Indeed...their like our crazy uncle that lives in the attic. At least they keep the bats out.

Ginger ale? Enlighten me please...

Canada Dry ginger ale

CanadaDry.com

I don't even know if it is Canadian...Oh, I forgot about their bacon...mmm..bacon

Back
Top Bottom