Looking into buying a HID light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It buries the light cannon, smaller package, sturdier and more burn time on the rechargable. The 21 watt puts out 1300 lumin while the 10 watt cannon does 500...

There are 2 reflectors available, sport or video reflector, and pistol or langern grip (changable) We will also have 12V car charger modules for it as well.

We will also have some of the 24W 1750 lumin with a little under 2 hour burn time on a charge. Still working on the pricing for that bad boy.

What about bulb life and replacement cost (ballast as well if applicable)? You nearly have a customer here!

Also - do you need to choose the reflector model or do you get them both?

scubatoys:
There are 2 reflectors available, sport or video reflector, and pistol or langern grip (changable) We will also have 12V car charger modules for it as well.
So... is it a nice wide flood like the LC or a narrow beam? :wink:

scubatoys:
It buries the light cannon, smaller package, sturdier and more burn time on the rechargable. The 21 watt puts out 1300 lumin while the 10 watt cannon does 500...

We will also have some of the 24W 1750 lumin with a little under 2 hour burn time on a charge. Still working on the pricing for that bad boy.
it has a goodman handle with it?

scubatoys:

please... and pictures, too. :)

Thanks!!

Another excellent HID light is the Greenforce Flex II HID 50 Watt. The GF is totally modular so you can upgrade any time you want. They have to 2 HID head light available the 6 or 13 degrees. I have only 20 dives on mine but so far I'm really happy with it.

Check it out. www.mantaind.com

Cheers

Al

Kim:
What about bulb life and replacement cost (ballast as well if applicable)? You nearly have a customer here!

Also - do you need to choose the reflector model or do you get them both?

All individual components, bulb, ballast, reflector will all be available... still working out pricing. So it comes with either reflector... and you can buy the other and swap later.

As far as bulb life, the 21W is rated 1200 hours, the 24 watt 1400 hours.

CIMI Diver:
I am thinking about purchasing a HID light. I am not into tech diving yet but I do some relatively deep wreck diving (100 to 120 fsw). Any advise?

Thanks

Sean

Yah...don't skimp...get the best. Call Barry. 386-454-1440

Are you talking about the Brighstar darkbuster?
http://www.brightstar-hid.com/product_info_e.php?UID=772

It is not available yet, they have some leaking problems. Me too I am already waiting for it, I ordered also some of them for my shop.
I was told that they will be delivered to the shops at the end of this month.

Greetings, Michael

scubatoys:
All individual components, bulb, ballast, reflector will all be available... still working out pricing. So it comes with either reflector... and you can buy the other and swap later.

As far as bulb life, the 21W is rated 1200 hours, the 24 watt 1400 hours.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom