Looking to buy a computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I second the Oceanic Veo...it's simple to operate and it works like a charm!
Battery life is a bit of an issue, but they aren't too expensive.

I own a Oceanic Veo 180 and I would say ... spend the other $500 on batteries for the Veo.
I own it for 8 months now, third battery is in the computer. :furious:

Is it because the battery indicator starts blinking that you changed the battery? Mine did the same thing even after only a few dives so I just ignored it after changing the battery 3 times in a couple of months, now I change the battery once a year and ignore the flashing battery indicator. Think maybe the dive computer manufactures have shares in the battery business :wink:

I did not change the battery when the indicator started blinking, but when the computer shut down completely because the battery level was too low. It seems like a lot of people like the veo, but I don't feel comfortable using it, not knowing if it will work until the end of the dive does not give you a safe feeling.

i dive with a suunto d4 which i use as my everyday watch too.
sturdy and quite good lookin in an understated kinda way.
got it for 500usd , could be going for cheaper nowadays.

I dive with the Oceanic VT3. Very easy to learn and understand how this computer works, and I really like the wireless air intergation, one less hose to use. One other reason I purchased this model is my dive buddy has the same computer, and we can monitor each others air. Have to be within 4-6 feet, but it does work pretty well.
The only thing I wish the VT3 had is an integrated compass. But the computers with integrated compass seemed to be quite a bit more money. Instead, I got the retractable console from Oceanic with compass, so my computer and compass are in one unit. I like this setup.

Here is a pic I got from the Oceanic website of the compass and retractor mount:
p_computers_vtpro_compass2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom