Looking to learn equipment maintenance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At DEMA each year various manufactures host their "certification" repair classes. I have not looked yet which manufactures are putting on their classes yet. I also heard that ScubaPro is not using DEMA as its platform this year but hosting classes at different cities. And Aqua Lung is now on-line. I apologize for not having specifics but perhaps it gives you another starting point to look.

As far as taking an agency Equipment Specialty course it all depends on the instructor. As an instructor I could get certified to instruct the equipment course with a few hoop jumping. While I like to think I am very mechanically incline, knowing what I know about me even I would not take such a course from me. If I went to several of these manufactured sanctioned equipment courses and an internship with an experienced technician, I would reconsider.

---------- Post added September 25th, 2014 at 04:48 AM ----------

I just found this site...seems to be full of useful info....but they are in Thailand.

Dive Industry Technician Service Course, scuba regulators spare parts, compressors, scuba tanks, regulator service manuals

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom