Lost and nearly found..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

raya

Contributor
Reaction score
Im now married to my gorgeous hubby with our gorge
Hi everyone, well I thought Ide post this in here, as we haven´t had much going on lately..so we all remember our first love no? Well mine happened when I was 15 years old, I was in San Francisco on a trip with my school band. We did like an exchange with an american family, mine happened to be in Grass Valley, Nevada.Great family, really wonderful people, anyway met a guy who was about a year older than me, he happened to be a friend of the family.Fell head over heels in love, well so I thought as it was the first time that I had ever felt something like that for another person.His name was Forrest Gielenz, originally he was from Marana, Arizona. Anyways we kept in contact for just over 2 years, he was going to come and see me in England..etc etc...Then one day it all stopped. ..No more Forrest. I wrote, emailed everything..and nothing. No-one knew anything, he had just dissapeared. So, 6 years on, and I often think about him, wonder what he´s doing, if he´s still alive, etc etc...So the other day I googled him!(I had done this in the past but nothing ever came up) Wow..there was loads of info on him, he´s in the US Army, he took part in the rescue of an american who had been held hostage for 10 months ..And there was a picture!I have spent such a long time wondereing and thinking, where is he now, is he still alaive, I got really emotional!So now I´m trying to get in contact, but its seems impossible. I haven´t given up though, and I won´t. My dream has always been just to be able to say hi, to him again, and find out how he´s doing!! So, if any of you, know of a way that can help me get in contact with him, then I would really appreciate your comments. Thanks for reading!

you mentioned he was a friend of the family - maybe someone in your family still knows how to ge tin touch?

Z...

I would try:

1) contacting friends or family
2) contacting the mayer and/or recruiting office in his home town. they might have some info or could put you in touch with his family
3) sending mail through the army. if you can figure out where he is serving, you might be able to send him mail there. maybe some of the soldiers on the board can tell you the secrets of the military mail system.

good luck and keep us posted.

I can´t get in contact with the family I knew in Grass Valley, as the email that I had for them, now does not exist, nor the phone number..I have found out what squadron he is in, and I posted a mail onto the army board, but Ive had no reply. I do know he is in Irak at the moment.I have emailed all the soldiers online etc..but all I keep getting is, I´m sorry we cannot trace this person. I am going to send a letter to the address of the aqudron that I have, however I´m not sure how long it will take and I am only here in Spain for another 3 weeks, then I´m going to be in Thailand for 4 months, so I´m still pretty lost!

I used to know forrest, you can find him if you go to www.myspace.com and look up his name. He seems to keep in contact with friends there. He has no family in Grass Valley, only his dad in Washington, CA and his mom in Arizona.
Hope this helps!

Dear Raya,
My family knows Forrest well. His email address is fjg82182@yahoo.com. He is in the Army, in Iraq. I believe that he would love to hear from you.
Say hi for me...
Wescomom

Thats really cool! Looks like your in luck Raya!
Best wishes!

Let us know what happens...?

Back
Top Bottom