Lost items at Breakwater in Monterey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

metalheadluigi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone,
Saturday 29-April 2017 was a fun day out at the break water and I managed to get several dives in, but unfortunately it was not without incident.

I managed to lose my mask on a surface swim back from the Metridium Fields. This mask had clear glass, blue rim, and clear skirt/strap. My buddy had a spare and I used that for our next dive. I somehow lost that mask on a surface swim back from the breakwater wall (somewhere between the 3-5 wall markers). His mask had a black skirt, clear glass and I believe the strap was black as well. I think I'm going to seriously reconsider mask storage options in the future, but I had done 12 dives without mask incidents until yesterday and then got hit twice in 1 day.

Then lastly, my Suunto Zoop in a Deep Sea Supply bungee mount may have been left in the parking lot in the row closest to and facing Foam St. This might be buried in my trunk and I just couldn't see it in the dark last night while unpacking, but if this post is unedited, I have yet to find it.

If you come across any of these items, I would be eternally grateful if you could contact me. Reward if any or all are found!

I was using a new hooded wetsuit. Both times when I surfaced, I couldn't really hear well when talking to my buddy, so I took the hood off. I then placed my mask on my forehead and continued surface swimming on my back. I don't know how or why I didn't feel them come off my head but like I said earlier, I am definitely going to explore options that make sure I don't lose the next pair.

Plus one for putting it around your neck I also clip it to my BC. I can't count how many times I've had to retrieve a mask a student lost off there head for the same reason no matter how many times you tell them your going to lose your mask if you put it on you head like that! We use to play the pizza game if we caught you with a mask on your forehead or left your cylinder standing up unattended you owed us a pizza we never went hungry but the students learned quick.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom