lost one of the shearwater swift battery compartment screws

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
B

baldman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
finished some dives and realized one of the screws that keeps the battery compartment closed on my shearwater swift transmitter is gone. Anyone know where to get a replacement?? not sure what size it is. Was going to call shearwater. Never fooled with it as original battery has been fine. Recommend others make sure all those screws are tight and are still there

I am blessed to have a remarkable hardware store in town. If I needed one of a set of screws of any size, I could walk in with one of the other screws and walk out with a replacement, for the price of one screw. If I did not have similar screws for them to match, I could walk in with the hole where one was missing, and they would find one that will fit. I have actually improved several pieces of dive gear there.

Perhaps you have such a store in your area.

On the other hand, Shearwater will take care of it, too.

I am blessed to have a remarkable hardware store in town. If I needed one of a set of screws of any size, I could walk in with one of the other screws and walk out with a replacement, for the price of one screw
I have done the same, except, buying only one is so hard here, they come in sealed packets of 10, 15, 20 and plenty , you get the idea.
Gone are the days of the family hardware store where the old guy knew where every nut, bolt, screw and washer was, and a size to fit.

Now it is big stores with staff that don't know sh!t from clay and don't care.
And made in China for the most part.

OK, another old guy rant. :acclaim:
I am blessed to have a remarkable hardware store in town.
You are luck, they have gone the way of the Dodo here.

For those interested: The screw size is a bit exotic - M2.2 x 0.45 mm 5 mm SS316 Hex 1.5.

I had an issue with the hex head of one of the Swift screws starting to wear out - the Shearwater customer support was super helpful and had their French service center send me a few of those screws free of charge (together with a cool Shearwater mask band). Truly impressive customer care - many thanks to the Shearwater Team!

Back
Top Bottom