Louisiana divers survey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark:

I haven't been to the Bayou Liberty site. Can I tag along the next time you go? PM me.

Sure Patrick. Shoot me an email at diverecoveries@charter.net. It is easier to use that venue. Will probably be a few weeks. Had a nasty spider bit (hand) lanced last night. I have to stay out of the water for at least a week or so. This cooler water also makes for a better dive. See ya at the shop. Mark

Should we do a SB meet & Greet/Dive in the lake sometime?

The Bayou liberty stuff sounds cool, but may not be for all skill levels (I would certainly like to find some sites closer to home)

The Bayou Liberty site is only 6 to 8 feet depending on the tide. It was the site of the Old Clubhouse from many years ago, probably pre-1940. It is in the Lake at the Mouth of Bayou Liberty. Just look for the circle of pilings. It is a 5 minute boat ride from St. Genevieve.

The Bayou Liberty site is only 6 to 8 feet depending on the tide. It was the site of the Old Clubhouse from many years ago, probably pre-1940. It is in the Lake at the Mouth of Bayou Liberty. Just look for the circle of pilings. It is a 5 minute boat ride from St. Genevieve.

Sorry, I guess I meant diving the Pearl - which looks uber cool, btw.

What about those of us without a boat?

Can it be reached from Lake Rd and the Lake? Where is St. Genevieve? (Asked the South Shore person).

Thanks for posting this, BTW. I had camped at Camp Salmen on Bayou Liberty back in the day, and am looking for near-home diving opportunities.

What is that tributary just above Logtown that flows into the E Pearl? It looks a darker color than the muddy-colored Pearl.

Sorry, I guess I meant diving the Pearl - which looks uber cool, btw.

What about those of us without a boat?

Can it be reached from Lake Rd and the Lake? Where is St. Genevieve? (Asked the South Shore person).

Thanks for posting this, BTW. I had camped at Camp Salmen on Bayou Liberty back in the day, and am looking for near-home diving opportunities.

What is that tributary just above Logtown that flows into the E Pearl? It looks a darker color than the muddy-colored Pearl.

Wadat an chew!

Only a Salmen scout would recognize that. Anyway, you guys give me a call next time you plan to do this dive. I don't have plans to dive again until the end of next month when I finish up full cave in North Florida. I am anxious to get wet before them doing something different.

Thanks.

Jim

That is probably Houma Bayou, it runs just above Logtown. St. Genevieve is a church where Bayou Liberty RD. and Thomson Rd. come together (Hwy 433). Not accessible by land. Lake Rd. is a few miles away.

Helllo all
I've been in Lake D'Arbonne a couple times, Loutre Bayou north of Farmerville,and Canie Lake over by the dam, sometime you can even see your hand. It's about a 2 1/2 hr drive north of here to Lake De Gray in Arkansas was there for Jan.1st dive. Sometime you just have to get wet. Tom

Should we do a SB meet & Greet/Dive in the lake sometime?

The Bayou liberty stuff sounds cool, but may not be for all skill levels (I would certainly like to find some sites closer to home)

I'm in for a meet and greet/dive.

Thanks for the replies. I was hoping for more divers from north Louisiana and locations.
As for Lake Ponchatrain I dive the south shore rigs, the causway and the old Ponchatrain beach pier which can also be accessed from shore.
The stumps along the shore of Lake Maurepas are good for spearing catfish.
Although not local for me the Toledo Bend dam turbine discharge channel is a nice dive when the dam isn't generating. Vis is 10 to 15 feet with a sandy gravel bottom.

I'm in for a meet and greet/dive.

Thanks for the replies. I was hoping for more divers from north Louisiana and locations.
As for Lake Ponchatrain I dive the south shore rigs, the causway and the old Ponchatrain beach pier which can also be accessed from shore.
The stumps along the shore of Lake Maurepas are good for spearing catfish.
Although not local for me the Toledo Bend dam turbine discharge channel is a nice dive when the dam isn't generating. Vis is 10 to 15 feet with a sandy gravel bottom.

The LP Beach Pier? Is that at the foot of Elysian Fields where Pontchartrain Beach used to be? Do you park E of the Naval Support and walk to the E Jetty?

That looks like fun. I wonder how much trash you'd find with a metal detector.

Thanks
Paul

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom