Love my Dive Rite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eod once bubbled...
Do you use it with a single tank? I am about to buy the same setup because the lds carries dive rite. But I have been warned about using double wings for single tanks, that's why I am wondering.

Hi, had to jump in here. a 55# is way too much for a single tank system, 45# is pushing it. I dive with a single tank ( steel 112 ) and 45# wing, I could most likely go with a 40# wing. I'm waiting to see the new Halcyon eclipse wing when it's out. If you are ready to buy now, take a look at oxycheq's wings, my friend just bought one and it is very nice. Also, other's have mentioned the FredT back plate. I have a heavy FredT backplate and love it. As mentioned the handles cut into the plate make carring your rig much easier.

"Hi, had to jump in here. a 55# is way too much for a single tank system, 45# is pushing it. I dive with a single tank ( steel 112 ) and 45# wing, I could most likely go with a 40# wing."

I don't know why it would be "pushing it".

I wanted to buy just ONE wing(they are spendy) that could be used for both sinlgles and doubles.

I too was afraid that a Rec wing would be too much i.e. too much air shifting, air trapping. I did not find this to be the case at all. Perhaps the Rec Wing not as streamlined as a smaller wing but that is a that is a compromise that I am happy to make to just have one wing. I can also adjust the Rec wing gussets in the future if I don't think the Rec wing is streamlined enough, but I don't forsee that happening. The Rec wing dumps air in a satisfactory fashion, doesn't seem to have much air shifting when using a single and can be used for all but the largest doubles.

I am very very happy with the Fred T. backplate/STA and Rec wing setup and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to dive doubles and singles but not wanting to pay for 2 wings. Optimally, it would be nice to have a small wing for a single and a larger wing for doubles. But optimally it would be nice to have all the money in the world to spend on dive equipment.

Indeed, life is "sub-optimal".

I dont understand all the comments about a wing has allowed people to be perfectly horizontal underwater.

My seaquest pro q d allows me to do the same thing. I can get and stay in any position i want taking pictures and not have any problems.

While a bp and wing may be great...it doesnt mean a jacket bcd isnt.
just a comment.

jplacson once bubbled...
Same here!!! Thank God I never bought equipment when I first started out! I kept on renting until I learned more.

I'm very happy with my Halcyon 27! :)
wow .. sound's like my twin.. exactly the same story... and MC System as well ... and it look slike the same training too.. SNAP!

Diving Dave once bubbled...
3. My chest and sides are less cluttered without all that jacket stuff.
Very important point, the streamlined effect is a great way to reduce effort and consumption of air

5. Easier to stay horizontal in the water.
Sure is, it's like simple now days...

7. Better tank straps..
And two of them, tanks will not drop like they tend to on jacket BC's

8. Looks studly.
Does it ever!!!!!

eod once bubbled...
Do you use it with a single tank? I am about to buy the same setup because the lds carries dive rite. But I have been warned about using double wings for single tanks, that's why I am wondering.

Yes, I do use it with singles and have no problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom