Loving the Lauderdale area!! (report)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry I can't join you, I work until 6 and I have a Kayak Against Cancer committee meeting after work.

Manatees are frequently seen in the Keys near shore, I've seen them many times in Pennekamp Park's lagoon. Anyone from the Keys care to pipe up with 'tee sightings?

Birds underwater is the best ticket for sure. I have swam with them as a matter of accident at Blue Springs... (see my pics). Warning though.. approaching them at state parks is illegal..

They are very curious and will come to you if you sit unthreateningly enough..

So far Pompeno drop off has been the best.

I had to scrub the first dive of the day at Lauterdale by the Sea(commercial Pier) I had to do a conference call from the parking lot and missed the dive.

Drove down A1A to Ft Lauderdale and worked our way to Hollywood. Thought we might try the Yellow Brick road. Parking was unbelievable! So we just made our way to Dania Beach and did a cookout on the tailgate.

The surf was too rough for us to make it to the jacks. We planned on using a dive yak to haul the gear down while the participants walked down to the site. Too much surf and too long of a hump for gear so we just dove Seatech.

Three foot nurse shark and a LOT of smaller schooling fish. Surf was a pain and I lost one of my Force Fins on the exit. I had them clipped to me and when I was walking up the beach noticed one was missing. So..... If anyone finds a XXL black force fin with foam instep....would appreciate a return on it.

Not sure yet what to do tomorrow. Weather is supposed to be kicking up and we were told to try Key Largo for it should be much better conditions with winds out of Northeast. Anyone know of any shore dives in that area? Or is it all boats? Was told to try the operator accross from the Holiday Inn there by Wendys. We don't have a name on it. Anyone know of a CHEAP operator?

No shore diving in the keys. Sorry.
I think the op you are referring to is Blue Water or something like that. Brent, from SB used to own it, but has since sold and I haven't heard much about it. You might also want to try Conch Republic in Tavenier. It's only another 15 miles south. Capt. Gary is well known and respected here on SB. He will take good care of you.

SWEET!!! I should grab my gear and go too.. but am too lazy..

I've not dived with Blue Water's new owners yet, but I have heard good things about them. The boat is nice; I dived on it when Brent owned it.

yeah. that's what makes it more interesting..
but I have already penciled in the whole day to work on my bedroom.. yanno.. one of those 2 day home improvement projects taht started after Christmas....

Saturday we are starting at 8am at Dania Beach to dive the Jacks. Then we will be moving to Pompano to dive the ledge and Coopenhagen and to Force E by 5pm for the BHB dive.

Sunday we are going to be doing a boat dive out of Jupiter Dive Center and after that heading to cave country to do the Devils Den and Blue Grotto on Monday.

Tuesday is a no dive day, I fly out at 8am on Wednesday.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom