Loving the Lauderdale area!! (report)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Almost forgot. Didn't dive today, there were scattered storms rolling through. So we went sight seeing. And boy did we see a sight in Palm Beach. Sharks were jumping out of the water!!!!

Thursday a couple told us that at the end of deerfield pier the evening before that sharks were leaping out of the water and eating fish. We didn't believe it. But we saw it with our own eyes. Unbelievable. Cars were pulling off the road and people were jumping out and running onto the beach to see dozens of sharks coverning an area the size of two football fields. One was within ten feet of shore and was at least four feet between dorsal and tail!!

Wow!!

Hey if anyone want to join us on any of these dives just pull up to us. We are in a full size blue chevy four door pick up truck with matching topper and Michigan plates. There is a rack on the roof of the topper too. Even if you want to just stop and chat.

Jeff

The spinner sharks have been jumping all winter. It puts a quick end to my surf sessions when they jump 50' away from me or closer in to shore than I am....

moss doesn't grow under your feet!!!
Nice dive schedule!

Jeff, that's so cool! How much longer will you be here for? Also, you are invited to the Kayuba picnic on Sunday...if you can go, you must RSVP! :wink:

Almost forgot. Didn't dive today, there were scattered storms rolling through. So we went sight seeing. And boy did we see a sight in Palm Beach. Sharks were jumping out of the water!!!!

Thursday a couple told us that at the end of deerfield pier the evening before that sharks were leaping out of the water and eating fish. We didn't believe it. But we saw it with our own eyes. Unbelievable. Cars were pulling off the road and people were jumping out and running onto the beach to see dozens of sharks coverning an area the size of two football fields. One was within ten feet of shore and was at least four feet between dorsal and tail!!

Wow!!

Hey if anyone want to join us on any of these dives just pull up to us. We are in a full size blue chevy four door pick up truck with matching topper and Michigan plates. There is a rack on the roof of the topper too. Even if you want to just stop and chat.

Jeff

I've been to the beaches down here well over a 100 times in the few years I've been down here and have never seen the spinners until today in Boca. Real cool!

The spinner sharks have been jumping all winter. It puts a quick end to my surf sessions when they jump 50' away from me or closer in to shore than I am....

Do they bother people/surfers? For some reason I thought they didn't mess with people, kind of like nurse sharks.

Wow Debby! Thanks but we will be on the Jupiter Dive Center Boat until 2 or 3. Anyone else going? We will be on the two tank boat the three tank boat was filled.

I didn't look back to see if I mentioned it but both the Jacks dive and Pompano today were done from a Sevylor Dive Yak! I checked it on my flight from Michigan. Once here we put the trolling motor and battery on it. Yup! We cheeted!. We put the gear in the yak just north of the pier and had one guy motor on down to the jacks while the rest of us took a short stroll down the beach. Which left us with plenty of energy for our next two dives. We unloaded at 8st in Pompano and motored out to the bouys in 2-3 footers. tied to the mooring ball went for a nice long dive saw a 7ft nurse swimming on the reef along with some squid and hopped back on the yak and motored back to the beach, had dogs on the tailgate and went to Blue Heron Bridge for the night dive. AWESOME!!!!!! As it got darker the critters started coming out.

I have seen these things on my "to see list" on this trip. Sharks, Star Fish, Rays, Eels, Seahorses, Turtles, Baracuda and Jellyfish. I think the only thing left is Manatee. And we may see those on Monday. We are going to Devils Den and Blue Grotto or Blue Springs.

Take Care!

Let me know if anyone finds my lost Force Fin on Dania!!!!

Jeff

Oh, spinners were seen just as we were getting in at Pompano. Everything I read last night said that they are fairly harmless. Although all the photos and video I saw was taken at New Symerna Beach, the shark bite capitol of the world.

Tuesday is a no dive day, I am flying out Wednesday morning.

Who has the coolest t-shirts in the area. I have picked up Pompano Dive Center and Force-E so far. Anyone got a real cool one with the shop name on it? Of course I will pick up Jupiters Tomorrow. But there are too many dive shops, but what is the must have. It is like Harley guys picking up dealer shirts. Of course the Milwalkee one are the desirable ones.

Dove with Jupiter Dive Center this morning on a two tank dive. Wholy cats!! We went out in 5-7 foot seas with 8's coming in frequently!

Did the Bluffs on the first dive and Bonnie's on the second.

Huge Turtles, Green Moray, Big Lemon shark and Nurse. But many more of the same but of smaller sizes.

Half of the boat was hurling. Afternoon trip was cancelled due to seas and the third dive for the three tank was called.

Trying to do a spring tomorrow. Which is best of Blue, Devils Den and Blue Grotto?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom