Loving the Lauderdale area!! (report)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Left the condo at 5 am and back at 3 am. Long day but well worth it!

We found a total lack of information on Blue Springs frustrating so we headed to Devil's Den. WOW!!! That was really cool! The gal running the place was awesome! She knows customer service! I was a bit nervous being my first spring/cavern dive. We were the only one there until we were through with our last dive and tearing our gear down. So we had it all to ourselves. Well worth the trip and price of admition. We asked around about Blue Grotto just for information sake and everyone was saying if you want depth go to the Grotto but for sight seeing Devils was where it was at.

We had thought of heading to Blue Springs, Orange City but decide to give a call to see if we could get any more information. That is when we learned of the vertical shat with no lights. We asked about manatee and was told "if their in here, your not!" I wish someone would give better description of an actual scuba site location on thier website.

So, since we were so close we headed over to the Grotto. Stopped in at the shop and saw the video. We walked over to the spings to take a look at the entry and decided not to dive. One of the factor is that even they said promoted the deep dive aspect. Well we are from the shores of Thunder Bay Michigan on Lake Huron. Deep, we've got plenty of.

Well we had the time and did not relize how close we were to Ginnie Springs, so we were on the move to do some scouting. Dang! Is this Mecca? I wish I had gotten her name but this gal was heading up some stair to what looked to be an office in the main shop, turned and asked if we needed any help and she dropped everything she was doing to take as much time as we needed to explain in detail almost everthing about the property. She made notes on a map and sent us out the back door to go have a look around.

I tell you Ginnie and Devil's Den have it going on!!!! There staff made a new guy to the area feel real comfortable and welcome. I will be back to both of those locations.

Woooo Hooo! 11 dives in 7 days!!!!

No dive today and fly out tomorrow.

Thanks for all the great info everyone!!

Jeff

Last edited:
Glad you liked our Florida diving, you got a good taste of it! Now you know why we love living here!

Sorry I missed diving with y'all. Next visit, give us a head's up!

And next visit bring a copy of Deloach's Diving Guide to Underwater Florida. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom