Lowering tank strap on Zeagle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fmb72

Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering if someone could help me with my Zeagle BC please?

Recently I came back from a diving trip to Burma/Thialand. During this trip I was using my Stilleto BCD, and although the fit of the BCD was exellent, I did continuously have one major problem, and that was with the topmost cylinder strap and its location.

The strap is just too high, and due to this fact, I am limited as to how far down I can push the tank, so during all my dives I was continuously banging my head on the tank valve.

So here is my question, how can I lower the top most tank strap so its closer to the second tank strap?

Also would it be possible to add another dump valve to the bladder?

Thanks for all your help guys,

Farid

You can drop the top band down one notch, but you will need to have a "bladder attachment strap" to hold the upper bladder in place if you lower the tank band. If you were in the USA, this wouldn't be a big deal, but I'm not sure how easy it would be for you to locate one overseas.

As for adding an additional dump onto the bladder - it cannot be done....sorry.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your quick reply. Regarding the "bladder attachment strap", are you refering to the two buckles that are used to snake the tank strap through it to "secure" the tank to the bladder?

Regards,

Farid Badri

Adding an extra dump valve to your bladder can be done, but it will most certainly void your warranty. All it takes is a DIY attitude, dump valve, some expertise, a few extra tools, aquaseal, and the guts to cut into your bladder. Easy, huh? (try this subforum for DIY: http://www.scubaboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)

Why do you want to add an additional dump valve? I think a single lower left dump valve is all that you'll need. YMMV

Mike

fmb72:
Hi Scott,

Thanks for your quick reply. Regarding the "bladder attachment strap", are you refering to the two buckles that are used to snake the tank strap through it to "secure" the tank to the bladder?

Regards,

Farid Badri

Yes, that is correct. If you have an older BC, it may already be on there!

Back
Top Bottom