Lynx - Continued battery and transmitter issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, in my case it looks like Eric is probably correct. The other day I did the two updates 1.16 and 1.17 and I had to completely set up my computer from scratch and after seeing Eric's post I decided not to change the batteries from last weekends dives where the transmitter was showing red, I just returned from my dives and the transmitter was green when I started and is still green. I will see just how long they last and let yall know, 5 so far. I'm betting I had it set for the blue battery instead of the rechargeable white ones I use.

Paul

As a follow up I have five more dives and three weeks on the same batteries from the above this post on 3-22-14 ( all of these in 52 to 55 degree water which might also shorten the life) and they still show good. I will post again when I change them.

Paul

Update on batteries: they lasted 1 1/2 hours Saturday but I was surprised when I looked at the log. When I started my second dive both the wrist unit and transmitter turned yellow and about 10 minutes into the dive the transmitter turned red then about 10 minutes later the tank turned red and wasn't showing any pressure readings, I tried to listen for the senders click but I had in a thick hood and I don't hear anything with that dang thing anyway, the wrist unit kept my depth and time but when I looked at the log it showed the beginning and ending tank pressure, I didn't expect that.
So here it is, I got 9 and 1/2 dives of 50 minutes to 1 hour of dive time in 55 degree water (if that matters) before they died.

Paul

Last edited:
I emailed them to let them know about this thread after a customer looking at the computer told me their concerns with battery life after reading this thread. Wondering the answer myself as I hadn't heard of any issues or had any with my unit, I emailed them, and Margaret told me that she would get Eric on here ASAP to help shed some light on the issue. No, they didn't see this thread at all and that is why they never responded. More than happy to surprise you and share the emails if you would like....I have better things to do than make up a silly story like that Dr :wink:

Never said you made it up: I said either you merely hastened the inevitable and therefore did little of value, or, Liquivision's sub-par service attitude extends to monitoring their own forum. You seem to be confirming it's the latter.

Still having a hard time deciding between the lynx and petrel I love everything about the lynx but it seems to have it's problems is the batteries issue a real problem or is it the users not have the right settings are they trying to fix the bugs or they just putting them off if you where in my shoes what would you do

Still having a hard time deciding between the lynx and petrel I love everything about the lynx but it seems to have it's problems is the batteries issue a real problem or is it the users not have the right settings are they trying to fix the bugs or they just putting them off if you where in my shoes what would you do

Well I believe there are probably a few real issues with the batteries but I suspect most might be wrong settings, I made that mistake. About the only things think I would like change is I really wish the LYNX batteries could be charged without being removed and the compass was easier to access during a dive but I really like mine and if I had it to do all over again I would still buy the LYNX.

Paul

Thanks Paul is the non rechargeable batteries expensive or hard to find or are you better going with the rechargeable ones how many times can they be recharged before they go bad or do they

Thanks Paul is the non rechargeable batteries expensive or hard to find or are you better going with the rechargeable ones how many times can they be recharged before they go bad or do they

I agree with griffon, just go with the rechargeable ones. I have three sets so when I go on dive trips I have a pair in my LYNX and sender, a spare pair in my dive bag and a set in the hotel charging.

Paul

...a customer looking at the computer told me their concerns with battery life after reading this thread.

Add me to that just about to buy-now very concerned list. I thought the battery issues that were well known with earlier Liquivision models would have been resolved by now, but apparently not. Approximately 10 hours of dive time rechargable battery life and not very user friendly charging method, turning off during a dive, possibilities of issues pairing the computer with the transmitter, etc., give me pause to think.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom