Lynx - Continued battery and transmitter issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Add me to that just about to buy-now very concerned list. I thought the battery issues that were well known with earlier Liquivision models would have been resolved by now, but apparently not. Approximately 10 hours of dive time rechargable battery life and not very user friendly charging method, turning off during a dive, possibilities of issues pairing the computer with the transmitter, etc., give me pause to think.

Don't be...I dive it with no issues. I do charge it the night before a dive, only because. We will see how this summer goes (more dives every day as the ice melts and Lake Michigan is ready), but I already have stuff that gets charged before almost every dive, so adding a computer is no big deal to ensure it's fully charged (can lights, backup lights get checked, computer, phone). I have never had an issue pairing or turning off. Ayisha, if you have any problems after buying it, I will buy it back :wink: Rest assured you will love it

I have had my lynx since it first came out, along with my wife having one and another buddy. I run in buddy mode all the time and find the blue batteries are a waste. If you put in a new blue battery and dive one day 2 time and you dont dive consecutive days the battery will die. I now have the rechargeable and can get 2 days of diving consecutively before needing a charge. I was told by LV to take the batteries out when not in use. That ends up being a pain as all your settings have to be restored once the battery is put back in. I have had the Mares Icon HD net and wouldnt trade my Lynx for anything. Would like to put in a request to maybe add instead of changing colors to give a % of life left for wrist and AI.

Back
Top Bottom