Making or Buying a special float

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Okay i'm hoping this is the right place to post.
I'm 16 and relitivly new to diving. What i'm after is a float to use which i can also use to hook my fish onto. I've seen a few guys diving where i am with them. Is there a special name for these or something. They have about 20 metres of rope between them and the float with a flag and hooks?
Would love some help.
Cheers

Last edited:
Okay i'm hoping this is the right place to post.
I'm 16 and relitivly new to diving. What i'm after is a float to use which i can also use to hook my fish onto. I've seen a few guys diving where i am with them. Is there a special name for these or something. They have about 20 metres of rope between them and the float with a flag and hooks?
Would love some help.
Cheers

divingdezza, welcome to the board. . . there are 100,000s of thousands of divers here, but not all are spearfishing. And to further limit your response, cold weather has many spearfishermen waiting for warmer water. But there is help here. . .

At the top of the page is the button "Forums", click here to explore the whole world of diving. When you click "Forums" The first topics will be help for beginning divers, then discussions for new divers. . . skip down this long list until you reach an area of discussions of things to do underwater. . . photography, video, treasure hunting. . . and Spearfishing.

Now that you can get the attention of the spearfishermen on the board, look for the current topics, divers are talking about right now, lots of Florida spearfishermen, and join the messages. Also, you can use the search feature to look for past messages, where all has been talked about. . . And finally you can start a new message to tailor your question for your local conditions.

Thanks Mudhole, I guess I didn't read the post close enough, guess I shouldn't do quick reading at work...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom