malapascua vs balicasag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

P8,500.00(US$185.00) for a 3 hrs journey from Cebu Airport to Maya.
P4,500.00(US$98.00) for a similar journey from Manila Airport to Subic(Baloy Beach).
I do not get it!!!
The toll charges in Cebu must be pretty steep.
I wonder how much Evolution charges?

The PHP10,000 is a door-to-door service. From airport or hotel directly to the TSD dive centre in comfort - very convenient, no porters needed, TSD driver, TSD boat. The PHP1,500 you've subtracted from the PHP10,000 is the price of 'hiring a boat' in Maya, if you're good at negotiating.....

What's there to get ? If you'd rather spend PHP4,500, go to Subic again.... Different place, different story.....

Possibly different quality too.......
Having travelled extensively around the country over last 17yrs. Quality is definitely not the word that I would use to describe transportation in the country.
We all have different STANDARD.

P8,500.00(US$185.00) for a 3 hrs journey from Cebu Airport to Maya.QUOTE]

P10,000 that is for the van that can carry 1-5 people + gear so you'd only pay P2,000 each with the boat transfer. You can't have that much equipment with you. Then just take the car there is usually enough room for two and equipment. Depending on the driver the car will usually be faster. I usually just hire a car for P2500 to Maya from Cebu and catch the ferry for P45-50. Sometime I meet someone going the same way and we share the car fare. Make sure you get to the Maya pier between 11-12 noon as the ferries (bankas) have a tendency to wait until they have a minimum of passengers. I have taken the Ceres bus back to Cebu from Maya (P160) but that ends up taking 5-5.5 hours especially if you hit Cebu late afternoon traffic. Good view over tops of everything but not so special after the first try. I could take the bus up there too but I just don't want to get up that early in the morning.:D

Having travelled extensively around the country over last 17yrs. Quality is definitely not the word that I would use to describe transportation in the country.
We all have different STANDARD.

Having used the TSD transportation on numerous occasions, 'quality' is a word I would use - the 'minvans' are actually very new people-carrier vehicles, with fully functional air-con. Not dirty old white minibuses where the seats don't recline, or don't stay upright, and the air-con is an open window...... So perhaps it is a question of quality......

Not wanting to start a price war but there are various providers offering the service from Cebu to Malapascua. And the prices do vary. Personally I'd say you can get a good car/van and boat for less than that.

Generally I'd say check with your chosen dive provider and have them advise you. If you don't like their rates then find another provider or find another way to get there.

Yes, I have been stuck by the side of the road due to mechanical failure using other transporters. Fortunately it was just a stuck thermostat that was readily removed.

Personally I'd say you can get a good car/van and boat for less than that.
I do sincerely hope so.
Because we are coming next year. First time since 2002.

Back
Top Bottom