malapascua vs balicasag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Centrals

Evolution charges P3,700 for a car and van. If there is a large group for example its on a per head basis - less then P1,000 per person.

Thank you very much.
P3,700.00 for a van as against P8,500.00 charged by....
The van must be old and grubby with open window AC !!!!!! Who care!
A big saving of P9,600.00(return)!!!! An unhealthy kitty for SMB on the island.

Mucksavage, you will get the blame for instigating the price war.

Thank you very much.
P3,700.00 for a van as against P8,500.00 charged by....
The van must be old and grubby with open window AC !!!!!! Who care!
A big saving of P9,600.00(return)!!!! An unhealthy kitty for SMB on the island.

Mucksavage, you will get the blame for instigating the price war.
better ask the man himself, Matt Reed.

better ask the man himself, Matt Reed.
Thank you for reminding me.
Of course I will in due course.
But I have a sneaking feeling that the transfer(land & sea) would not be anywhere near 10 grands.

P10,000.00 for a ONE way 3 hrs journey on a private van from Cebu to Maya !!!
I never realized that petrol is so expensive in the province. Paid P6,000.00 from Subic to Batangas last yr and that must be bargin basement price.
What is the reason? Higher wages, very expensive petrol and bigger profit margin?
We are palnning to go there next year.

Hi. This is Andrea from TSD. I just wanted to apologize, there was a typo on the Thresher Shark Divers website, the price of P10,000 is actually for a round trip transfer. So the cost is only P5,000 one way.

This transfer includes:
  • A comfortable van suitable for 3-5 people
  • One of our 2 reliable drivers who have been working for us for at least 3 years and have never let us down (and believe me, there are a lot of unreliable drivers out there). They also speak excellent English.
  • Private boat transfer, on a boat owned and maintained by TSD, used only for our transfers. We bought this boat as many of the ‘public’ boats that were our only other choice were unreliable and poorly maintained.
  • Payment of labor in Maya and the small ferry boat that takes you to our main boat. The touts in Maya can be merciless and will rip you off in a heartbeat.

We do not run transfers at a profit, this is our cost price. I feel it is important that our guests have a comfortable and reliable experience with their transportation and so our costs might be a little extra, though the price differences from other operators are minimal as far as I am aware.

The mistake has been now been corrected on the website, very sorry for this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom