Malapauscua - Mantas and Threshers seen recently?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lowtempo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All,
Illbe heading to the philippines for two week aroung the end of June till Mid July and will be near Cebu for the first week of my vacation. Ill definiately be headed to Puerto Galera near the tail end of my trip but trying to decide If I should go to Malapascua while Im near Cebu. I have already been to Sogod bay and Bohol ( last year around the same time ) but I didnt get to see a whaleshark ( like I hoped ). At Sogod, I taked to a diver and he said that Malapascua was good for Threshers.

My question is... have there been any bigfish sightings recently at Malapascua? I would love to see a threasher or manta before going to PG.

Thanks in advance!
Neil

Try to time your visit to Malapascua between the moon's last quarter and new moon phase. Learned from locals there that this is the time you get more chance of thresher encounters. Don't dive any other sites other than Monad if you really want to see threshers and mantas.

Don't dive any other sites other than Monad if you really want to see threshers and mantas.

Ha, I would say the opposite... Definitely do the morning thresher shark dives in the morning, but don't miss out on the all the other dive sites in the area. But if your goal is only to see the threshers and mantas, then do the early morning Monad dive and then the afternoon dive at Monad for the mantas.

ahhh...yes, there's a lot to see in the other dive sites, too. i agree with pakman... there's bantigue...gato...lighthouse...

great food at kiwi!

Thought the whaleshark season at Sogod is from late Nov to April...
Anyway, best of luck for Thresher sharks & Mantas! There are a few whitetips at Gato... ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom