Maldito Norte

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is Weather Channel good? Looks like 17 mph, slightly east of north, at 68F - anyone pack long pants? Well, that's the low projected for tonight, warming trend tomorrow. Good luck. :thumb:

I had to pull out the down comforter last night! It was in the 50's! This morning, the thermostat on my porch read 54!! You gotta remember that we don't have heat and these cement houses are tricky...when it's hot outside, it's hotter inside...when it's cold outside, it's colder inside! I had to sleep in sweats and the down comforter!

Winds are from the NE this morning...but more of a north direction than an easterly direction...and still around 20mph...we're waiting for the report!

From Thomas Point Light:
Air Temp 22F
Wind Speed from the 23 steady with gusts to 27 mph
When will it end? This last 6 weeks has been real winter.
ea874383.jpg

ea874205.jpg

This too shall pass, only another month!

kentmorrdave:
From Thomas Point Light:
Air Temp 22F
Wind Speed from the 23 steady with gusts to 27 mph
When will it end? This last 6 weeks has been real winter.

22F? Lucky you! The porch thermometer is at 12F this morning. And we've got 40mph winds. The news weatherman this morning said to expect a hight of 19 today. Brrrrrrr.

I can't really complain. We've had a very easy winter and almost no snow. It'll be back up to about 47 by Saturday.

scubawife:
22F? Lucky you! The porch thermometer is at 12F this morning. And we've got 40mph winds. The news weatherman this morning said to expect a high of 19 today. Brrrrrrr.

I can't really complain. We've had a very easy winter and almost no snow. It'll be back up to about 47 by Saturday.

When I left for work this morning it was 49 degrees! I almost had to put on a heavier coat! When, oh when will this brutal central Texas winter end?

Next week, maybe. ;^)

Port still closed... hoping it will open up this afternoon...

harpua:
Port still closed... hoping it will open up this afternoon...

Only for over 40' boats (which are few), but the wind is still steady at 20mph with gusts of 35 to 40mph and swells of 3 to 5ft in the channel. We called the day and elected not to get a big boat. I've got a group headed over to Tulum and another group doing the cenotes.

On the bright side, tomorrow looks MUCH better :)

Two days lost. That sucks. I feel sorry for you folks down there. It's like taking little kids to the pool and then telling them they can't go in. Good luck.

I hope it gets better real fast.

Christi, we're coming in tomorrow & hope to dive tomorrow afternoon.......IF the weather's OK, what's your thinking on tomorrow afternoon(for diving)??/..Also, what's the outlook thru Sunday looking like??....thanks in advance........Joe........

Back
Top Bottom