Norte Predictions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Dillehay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
For many years, having lived in Cozumel and Galveston, I have noticed a direct correlation of Nortes. Usually 1-2 days after it arrives in Galveston Cozumel gets it.

Given advance years I spend most of my time in Galveston. Would the Board like me to post every time it Arrives in Galveston?

Dave Dillehay

Up to you -- I don't think it would hurt. People can skip over if they don't care / don't want to read.

How's the upcoming weekend look in Houston? I fear my Sun-Wed diving next week is at risk.

We'd rather you just send it back to Dallas.

Up to you -- I don't think it would hurt. People can skip over if they don't care / don't want to read.

How's the upcoming weekend look in Houston? I fear my Sun-Wed diving next week is at risk.
Galveston prediction is for a mild Norte on Saturday. "IF" it carries thru to Cozumel it may be Sunday or Monday.

Dave Dillehay

I just look at Windy.com and their ten day sliding forecast. It's been pretty accurate so far.

For many years, having lived in Cozumel and Galveston, I have noticed a direct correlation of Nortes. Usually 1-2 days after it arrives in Galveston Cozumel gets it.

Given advance years I spend most of my time in Galveston. Would the Board like me to post every time it Arrives in Galveston?

Dave Dillehay
I see much the same from Austin. If the system hits here with a mostly west wind it may or may not impact Cozumel. but if it comes from the north it nearly always affects the island a day or two later.

TODAY, THE 17TH, COLD AND BITTER NORTH WIND IN GALVESTON, EXPECTED TO END ON SUNDAY

DAVE DILLEHAY

Yeah, Port Captain closed the port at 20:00 on Saturday. Comment from my dive shop was “…COZUMEL SCUBA DIVERS---THE PORT IS CLOSED.---At the 2000 hr report the Port captain closed the waters. This means that there will be no diving tomorrow probably all day. The forecast also looks to keep the waters closed for a few days.----------“

Dave, any insights you can provide about norte's or Cozumel in general would be welcomed and greatly appreciated

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom