Norte Predictions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good news from Cozumel…no North Wind is predicted up till March 7.
1708884194225.png

The good news about the strong north wind is that it appears to be VERY short lived, at least here in Galveston.

DAVE

Windguru says your air stays in Texas. Your border security works!:p
I have no idea what it means for Cozumel but the wind is really blowing stink here in Galveston—20-30 mph north wind with advisories all over south Texas. What keeps me from suggesting a problem for Cozumel is that it is predicted to last just nine hours.

DAVE DILLEHAY

I have no idea what it means for Cozumel but the wind is really blowing stink here in Galveston—20-30 mph north wind with advisories all over south Texas. What keeps me from suggesting a problem for Cozumel is that it is predicted to last just nine hours.

DAVE DILLEHAY
The good news is that our short but strong norte did not get to Coz. live and learn.

dave dillehay

Small Norte predicted starting on Tuesday 19MAR24 for 24 hours here in Cozumel with another on 26MAR24.

Windy.com is iffy about it making it that far south.

This weekend into mid week. Not sure when the port captain will close it but west wind tomorrow morning and north winds tomorrow afternoon does not bode well. Stayed above Tunich this morning and it was getting a little bouncy over the wall, on the surface. No real issues below but water clarity was degrading. Earlier in the week IMO visibility was great.

1711145042194.png

Back
Top Bottom