Male diver drowns during wreck dive at the Øresund bridge.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FlutterTubes

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
The article is in Danish. Here is a Google translation, with some corrections from me..

Mandlig dykker drukner under vragdyk i Øresund

Male diver drowns during wreck dive in Øresund
The diseased in the 30s was on a dive trip with a larger group of people north of the Øresund Bridge.

A male diver passed away during a wreck dive in Øresund, announces the Copenhagen Police the night before today. (Fri June 21th)

The man who was in his 30s was part of a team of 12 divers who were on a diving trip Thursday night north of the Øresund Bridge near the island of Saltholm.

- There is nothing to indicate that a criminal relationship has occurred. In all likelihood, this is an accident, says chief of police at Copenhagen Police Henrik Brix early Friday morning.

Helicopter search
Divers from the capital's emergency preparedness rescued the body of the male diver shortly after two o'clock on the night of Friday.

A helicopter and several boats have been involved in the search.

The police received the notification at 23:55, but according to the police, the male diver had disappeared some time before the notification date.

- The string of events must be mapped, and studies must be carried out, of the diseased and his equipment amongst other things, adds Henrik Brix.

The 12 divers were divided into two teams of six divers each. When one group came up to the surface, one of the divers was missing.

The other divers are, according to Henrik Brix, shaken and have been offered emergency assistance.

The area at which the group dived is located just over 2.5 kilometers north of the Øresund Bridge.

The relatives of the man are informed.

The 12 divers were divided into two teams of six divers each.

As a local diver, this seems to me as too many divers to take care of in the water at the same time knowing the conditions - especially visibility - this time of the year.

Not many dive shops in the area running trips of this scale.

Curious to hear more details.

Info I have so far:
  • rebreather diver
  • had newborn 2-months-old daughter

How deep?
The article says that they dived north of the Øresund bridge near the island Saltholm. A quick Google search gives me only two known wrecks in that area: "Kanonvraget" (the cannon wreck) AKA "Charlotte Amalie" (N55 38.89 E12 52.126) and "Sværdfisken" (Swordfish). Depending on who you believe, "Charlotte Amalie" lies at 12-16m depth. I haven't found any depth info about "Sværdfisken", but she's supposed to lie pretty close so probably roughly at the same depth.

It was in 15m of water. Unfortunately, no more info. The visibility around that area was 4-5m that day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom