Malware Warnings on Assorted URL's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks SC Hoaty. I had cleared the cookies, but not necessarily the cache. Did that - no malware notice. Hope that resolves things.

---------- Post added April 9th, 2013 at 08:13 PM ----------

Oh well, exited and re-entered ScubaBoard again and got the Malware blocked warning again. Are others getting this on their antivirus? I get this on no other sites.

---------- Post added April 9th, 2013 at 08:14 PM ----------

Getting a bit leary about SB right now even though the official response is it is taken care of.....

Don't take my word for it. Go to any of the anti-malware sites on the net and search for yourself.

Diveprof -

I'm running MSE and get no warnings. Funny it cleared with the cache and then returned. I would try cookies and cache together if you haven't.

I'm not doubting Howard that the site is clean, or you that you are seeing the warnings. Just trying to help you out, my friend. Hope to see you up at the lake when temps improve a bit.

:cheers:

Hi guys. This is my first post.
Was the concerna bogus antivirus software message saying you computer has a virus and you need to buy AVsoft to fix it.
I've had this on my work PC three times in the last week or so. I had wondered about forums and this is the only one I had visited.
It would be good to know if that was the particular problem(AVsoft). At least we could stop wondering what caused it at work.

Greig

Don't think so. I've seen that before - it is just a scam. This had a minor amount of a "real" concern - enought to cause Howard some headaches to chase it all down. He takes this type of issue very seriously.

---------- Post added April 9th, 2013 at 10:33 PM ----------

And Welcome to Scubaboard! Should have said that first!

Cool, thanks.
Yeah it's a pain, but it also disables USB ports etc which makes it hard to backup files.

Anyway, thanks for the G'day and I'll keep looking for the AVsoft reason

Greig

Cool, thanks.
Yeah it's a pain, but it also disables USB ports etc which makes it hard to backup files.

Anyway, thanks for the G'day and I'll keep looking for the AVsoft reason

Greig
Warnings of infections are usually traps. AVsoft is a reputable virus protection for Russia I think, but if you search the net for scam AVsoft you'll see discussions on fakes & scams, as well as how to remove a related infection if you have a reoccurring problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom