Manifold with shorter isolator valve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

galodoido

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Does anybody of any manifold that has a shorter isolator valve? I currently own a set that has this one:

DGX Premium Dual-Outlet Manifold w/Isolator | Dive Gear Express®

I've seen other twinsets with shorter isolator valves though, and I believe I could benefit from the extra clearance above my head. I am going to build another set, so I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations.

the posts are all about the same size, you can get shorter knobs, but that's about it. It's maybe 3/4" difference, but I have never noticed whether it's long or short. You can try to rotate the isolator towards your head as well. A bit counter intuitive, but the clearance is better if you can reach

Black Valve Knob - Short Version

@tbone1004 so towards my head? I actually have it rotated the opposite way right now. It's really not bothering, but I do notice sometimes I need to try fit my head just underneath the knob to keep looking forward.

I guess if I rotate it towards my head, it stays in the space around the neck area?

@tbone1004 Very interesting. I may try that. So even if you really really lean your head backwards you never feel it?

depends on how thick your hood is, but I don't really feel it. I do a lot of stretches to make sure I can reach my manifold though so I can wear them fairly low

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom