Manifolds - DGX vs Thermo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use dgx valves because at the time they were cheaper than the thermos. I like the thermos because the valve opens very slowly. expecially nice for taking O2 sample. the dgs is like full on in 1/2 turn compared to 2-3 turns on a thermo. You know with a thermo if you valve is only 1/4 open, it will breath hard. The dgx valves I have are tall ones to make it easier to get to valves. Im not as flexable as some are at my age.

Thanks for all the responses, which confirm I should save the $150 for other toys. I'll need to think some more about regular vs. tall valves. I'm 5'9" and will probably go with LP85s.

Another quick question: I've seen (used) bands listed with different "heights" - 2", 1.75", and even 1.5". DGX doesn't even list this dimension for their bands, but it looks about 2" from the photos. My gut feeling is that 1.5" would be flimsy, especially with the 5/16 or 3/8" holes. But I have a habit of over-building everything I make in my shop. Does size matter (here)?

I don't think any of them would be flimsy. It is my view that if you use 1 inch bands you have to tighten the bands more than 2 inch bands. More surface area available to hold tank in place. Next is the weight of the band. wider bands less lead you need to carry. wider bands less digging into the surface of the tank. I havn't looked at mine for some time but I would swear they are 3-4 inch wide bands. I havn't seen 1 inch bands since seeing a Lloyd bridges twin 50 set up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom