Manila Hotel Info wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jasonBB... have you gone just two short blocks at the back of City Garden at night? hehehehhe..... the street called Burgos St.

where you may find ......

Aloha ....

pakman:
What's your budget? There are a few hotels near the airport if you want to avoid the traffic (depending on what time you need to get to the airport) but there is not much there to see or do. If you don't mind the traffic, you have the five stars in Makati (Shangri-la, Penninsula...) as well as some other nice 3-4 star hotels within walking distance to some of the main shopping areas. You could probably get a room at the Mandarin Oriental for around $100.

Here's a list of hotels in Manila/ Makati...
http://www.asiatravel.com/manila.html

edit: Gilligan, any chance you're going to join us when Mike Veitch is doing a local photo workshop Aug 24-30 in Anilao?

Low budget. $50. and under.
Any near the airport will be good for my second and third overnight in Manila.
My first overnight will likely be at the City State Tower Hotel as the bus to Batangas leaves from there in the AM.

daveconc:
try http://www.manilapavilion.com.ph/ and click "Check rates and availability" .

Superior room is at around USD 55
Deluxe at around USD 85

I think those are special online rates.

Some of my company's British directors booked there last month and they seem to love the room/services there.

Hope this helps....:D

$50. range is a good thing. Thanks.

Gilligan:
I'll arrive in Manila on the 25th and be in Puerto Galera or Sabang on the 26th till ?

Good news, a gang of guys from this forum (myself, Mike Veitch, Spoon, pakman, jonix, clgsamson, wolverine, CLA and a few others) will be arriving on the 26th evening for a bit of a party at the Point Bar between Sabang and Small La Laguna.

Most are only staying the night, but Mike Veitch and I stay on for a couple of nights and returning to Manila on the Wednesday.

Hopefully we can meet up, I'll send you a PM a bit closer to the time...

thepurplehammerhead:
Good news, a gang of guys from this forum (myself, Mike Veitch, Spoon, pakman, jonix, clgsamson, wolverine, CLA and a few others) will be arriving on the 26th evening for a bit of a party at the Point Bar between Sabang and Small La Laguna.quote]

that list of names makes this sound like a cartoon convention...

pakman:
thepurplehammerhead:
Good news, a gang of guys from this forum (myself, Mike Veitch, Spoon, pakman, jonix, clgsamson, wolverine, CLA and a few others) will be arriving on the 26th evening for a bit of a party at the Point Bar between Sabang and Small La Laguna.quote]

that list of names makes this sound like a cartoon convention...

i pity the staff at the point :D

I'm VERY tempted to come and spend September there before the Mike Does Bali thing. I could show up on the 24th...

I want to get some of the Point's T-shirts...:D

Back
Top Bottom