mares nemo wide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the regular Nemo and like it. I like the wide because it has user replaceable batteries and large display. I have also had good results from Mares customer service. I broke the crystal out of mine before I ever used it which should not have been covered under warranty. They fixed it for no charge.

I bought my nemo wide over this winter and im still waiting to actually dive with it.. but from just messing with it and studying the manual, I think Im really going to love it. It has the advanced features, but its also very simple and easy to understand. Mares really did a good job on this. rugged construction, BIG display, deep stops, big and easy to operate buttons, this thing seems to have it all. It feels good on the wrist, but really good a little higher just past the wrist. RGBM may be a bit on the conservative side but personally I like that. I predict that it will become a very popular computer.

I have the regular Nemo as well and quite like it but if the wide had been out I would have given it serious consideration. One of the best features about the Nemo in my opinion is the buttons which are easy to find and operate even with gloves on and I can see they have carried the design into the Wide which is great.

Mel

spankey:
my better half and I both have the nemo steel and the USB download cable. we love it and have had over 130 dives on them. They work very well. I dont see why the wide would be any different, I must say that I prefer the reg watch style than the wide.

May I ask where you got the USB download cable? When I bought the Nemo last year they only had serial versions which I gather were a PITA to get operating correctly on USB adaptors. I see on Mares website that they have the USB now but none of the North American online dealers indicate whether they are selling the USB or serial versions.

Mel

I have a Nemo Wide and used it on our last dive vacation and was very pleased. It was very user friendly. We are currently waiting for our USB interface and were told by Mares USA that it should be available soon.

Hi all,

The usb interface is available and in stock. The dealer simply needs to order it.

Best,

I have used the Mares Nemo Steel for 20 dives and have given it to my son and bought myself the Nemo wide. The nemo wide has greater visibility and from different angles. I found that because of my limited arm rotation it was a bit of a problem getting the face of the nemo steel to where I could read it easily. I have the USB link and program for my computer as well and have just recently uploaded my dives. I look forward to adding my notes (it is on my to do list). Am headed to a week of dives the beginning of May and look forward to trying out the nemo wide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom