Mares Spear Gun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pessimist

New
Reaction score
Phil,

I have an old mares gun that has all the markings worn off the side. Is there any way to figure out which model it is ?? It is missing the shaft and I wanted to get the proper one. Looks like the Cyrano model but I don't know how to measure for length.

Regards,
Steve

Steve,
we have multiple pneumatic spearguns; the good news is we have only two shaft dimensions in diameter that will fit them all, 7mm and 8mm. If you measure the length of the barrel only in cm we can determine proper length. The tough part is to make sure we are getting the correct diameter. Can you forward a picture of the gun and I'll try to figure it out?

I hope this helps.

Best,

Zak,
Do you have an email I can send them to. Won't let me post pictures since I haven't been on board to long.

Regards,
Steve

when you get the shaft size figured out, and would like to get the gun serviced we are a full service mares repair center and would be happy to service the gun for you if you want.
check out our website for mailing address and phone number

www.bluemarbledivers.com

Dave

We determined through private correspondance he has a Cyrano 70cm speargun. Taking a 7mm shaft with appropriate length to the gun.

Best,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom