Marking Strobes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What strobes do people like these days? I'm talking big bright strobes for marking locations or ascent lines on deep, dark, low-viz dives - not little flashers to put on your tank. Is there a sweetheart brand that everyone likes? Are the $300 options really three times better than the $100 options?

I'm also curious to hear the hivemind's thoughts on xenon flash tube strobes vs. LED. In my experience the xenon tubes are still SIGNIFICANTLY brighter, but perhaps more delicate.
Myself and friends commonly have been using this one for years now to mark exit and pathways on night dives and they have held up well!
Jostron AQ-4 MkII Strobe Light

I have had trouble with every TekTite light/strobe I've been eventually breaking.

I got a Light Monkey BAF strobe a few year ago. I have not used it a lot, but it's holding up so far. And it is frickin' BLINDING. To the point of I don't even want to be near it when it's on and I'm in turbid water.

But, when it's hanging on a line in turbid water, it sure is nice to come home to.

After some investigating I'd likely buy the Trojan. The path finder looks woeful in comparison to the Trojan and Gralmarine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom