Martha's Quarry Dive / Nashville, TN this weekend (5/6/09)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone, but from what I hear, they are doing construction work at Martha's and it's probably pretty muddy. Supposedly, the only people diving there are students doing their checkouts. I don't guess it's gonna happen this weekend, but if I end up with enough free time I might check out some place in Kentucky that two of the LDS mentioned.. About an hour north of nashville. Anyone know where they might be talking about?

Welcome To Ky's Beautiful Blue Springs Resort

It's a great place to dive. I was there last weekend and will be next weekend but I have plans this weekend.

It's only about an hour orth of Nashville.

he might be talking about Cerulean Springs quarry....

it was in kentucky. but it closed 1-2 years ago.

I heard rumor that it might be re-opened by another quarry operator, but that was a while ago....

Cerulean is still closed & as far as I know, there are no known plans to open again.

I suspect that the 3 quarries are close enough together that one drawing divers will result in the word being passed around about the other two and they will be visited, too.

All 3 are definitely worth a long weekend to visit. That's how we do it.

but if I end up with enough free time I might check out some place in Kentucky that two of the LDS mentioned.. About an hour north of nashville. Anyone know where they might be talking about?

one more Kentucky quarry is "Joe's Quarry" which I think is also now known as Falling Rock park/quarry

I can't get to their website from work (it's blocked), but here it is.

Home

also found this site with a few directions (but appears old so verify it)
Falling Rock Quarry

hope that helps.

Cerulean is still closed & as far as I know, there are no known plans to open again.

There was something running around last year (or the year before, or the year before that) that Cerulean was someone being bought up by the folks who owned/run Pennyroyal and might be opening back up. I guess that didn't happen. oh well.

hey just wanted to let ya'll know that this place is terrible now...it used to have an entrance that was open and conveinant for vehicles and equipment...now they have a bumpy entrance (might want to consider driving a truck)...you have to park in between trees and there are limited picknick tables to put equipment and food on...there is nowhere to change, and the only port a potty is a pretty good walk away...its $20 to dive and they dont even check to see if you have a dive card or fill out any forms...once you get in the water it a pretty long swim to see anything...the three story building is always a treat to see ( i've dove it two times prior) especially at night...the booeys that you see mark nothing below...probably a good place to get certified but i'll never go there again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom