Martha's Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunday, sept. 13, 2009, vis was 20 ft, and temp at surface is 82. not cold until past 40 ft, depth

today, saturday 19 sept 2009, we have lost a littletemp and a little vis due to the rain. the divers exit poll says the temp is 78-79, and the vis is 10 ft in some areas, 15 in some, and was crap where the students were.

Fred

Fred or anyone else know what the conditions could be for this weekend ?

sunday evening the temp was holding at about 77 and vis had improved slightly. I'm looking forward to possible increased vis, but temps will continue to slide as days grow shorter. In any case each weekend should be better than the next at this time of year. Also our surface intervals will be in cooler and cooler air week by week. So this weekend should be the best for remainder of the year.

Saturday Oct 3 temp was 74 at surface. The weather was great today and will be the same tomorrow. Go diving somewhere, tommorow may be the best day remaining to do so this year.

Fred

We will have divers from the Nashville Scuba Club and from Scuba Adventures in Hendersonvile doping night dive saturday 10 Oct. Why not join them. Not to many local diving days left, but will be there as long as we can.

Fred

This was the best of sites, it was the worst of sites! The crusher house is likely the best site you will run across in a quarry, period! You can penetrate the building while always having a clear exit. It's roof is only a few feet from the surface, so relaitvely accessable (more on that later). There is a nice forest in shallow water near the pier. Lot's of fish and other buildings available. The parking area is mostly shade, a nice change from most sites.
The worst: There was no air refills available. To get refills, expect a 1.5-2 hour roundtrip! This limited us to a 3-tank weekend (the shop isn't open on weekends), less than what I'd expect on just a Saturday at most sites. Though the dive shops may work with you (perhaps allowing you to leave the tanks at the site), you should do a lot of pre-planning and be prepared for this major inconvenience. Bring a raft if you can - the surface swim to the Crusher house is 30-45 minutes, exhausting! The parking is primitive - bring your 4-wheeler or watch where you park!

This was the best of sites, it was the worst of sites! The crusher house is likely the best site you will run across in a quarry, period! You can penetrate the building while always having a clear exit. It's roof is only a few feet from the surface, so relaitvely accessable (more on that later). There is a nice forest in shallow water near the pier. Lot's of fish and other buildings available. The parking area is mostly shade, a nice change from most sites.
The worst: There was no air refills available. To get refills, expect a 1.5-2 hour roundtrip! This limited us to a 3-tank weekend (the shop isn't open on weekends), less than what I'd expect on just a Saturday at most sites. Though the dive shops may work with you (perhaps allowing you to leave the tanks at the site), you should do a lot of pre-planning and be prepared for this major inconvenience. Bring a raft if you can - the surface swim to the Crusher house is 30-45 minutes, exhausting! The parking is primitive - bring your 4-wheeler or watch where you park!

Well this just sucks. I guess I'll go to the Loch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom