Mask issues...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I personaly would not recommend the purge valve. Its just one more thing that over time can fail.

As to getting water inside the mask I think just being underwater in itself will to some extent put some water in the mask and I know I clear mine quiet regularly.

If in doubt though as others said just experiment at the LDS

Greetings PToone and welcome to nose breathers anonymous! I to just like you discovered a constant trickle in my mask. It will take a while but the Tilos is a good mask to conquer the nose! I to have issues with laugh lines that make it hard for a mask to seal, especially when I smile often and laugh! It will get better with dive experience and time just hang in there.
I would not recommend the purge mask either it only made it worse for me to get over it. I switched to a Atomic framless and I love it. It leaks a little but not like it used to.
Only when I'm laughing it up at my dive buddies!
Do not let it get you down, just keep working on it and hey it will aid in perfecting your mask skills!
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

I went with an Atomic Frameless mask and had nothing but problems. I'm sure this is nothing to do with the quality of the mask but I had a constant leak under my nose (not a nose breather). After trying several I found the Cressi Big Eyes Evolution was my perfect fit with very soft silicone and a double seal. Where I used to clear my mask every 5-7 minutes I did 3 dives the other day without having to clear it once. I was blown away!

So go find a mask that fits, shave or use vaseline on your lip and you'll get there - it's awesome when you do.

Back
Top Bottom