Masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

langs15:
Hello all,

I was wondering about the different kinds of masks. I am not sure if I am going to get the perscription ones, as I don't know if in wreck diving it will make my life easiser, i can still see but not that well as I can't read distance but still see shapes and get the idea of everything. I was thinking about dacor or mares masks. My father who was the scuba diver in my family, and my mom who ocassionaly dived, and I all used dacor masks, my dad bought them. I love these masks but if there is something better out there, would like to check it out. I don't like the fancy stuff either, jsut a plain blue/clear or black/clear mask will due just fine! Thanks!

Hello!!
Just my two cents worth(Maybe .5 cents worth!!) I have to wear a very low prescription (I'm getting older!!) I ended up looking at the Mares X-Vision and the Cressi-Sub Big Eye. I ended up getting the Mares only because it felt better on my face. Both can have prescription incerts put into them if you decide you need them.

Another approach to the prescription issue is contact lenses. You don't say whether you wear glasses or contacts. I wear contacts diving and have known lots of other people who do the same. With the various kinds of frequent-replacement lenses on the market, a single pair isn't that expensive, so if you should lose them, you just get out the next pair. I always make sure I have two spare pairs with me on a dive trip, although I haven't lost any yet. Wear contacts and you can use any mask. If yours gets lost or broken, you can borrow one or buy a new one on the spot. As others have said, fit is the critical issue for a mask. Brands don't mean that much. About the only difference I have ever noticed between brands is in the strap buckles. Some are much easier to use and adjust. Mares does a really good job with buckles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom