matching equipment!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I do have an opinion on those rigs. Whether it would be politcally correct to out it here is another question however.

I'd stay away from those rigs, about a few miles (at least). Grabbing a bpw seems a much better idea imo.

your on the wrong site to even ask about BCD's if your not diving a backplate and wing you are in the wrong

take a look at an apeks bpw on divelife.uk if you prefer to order from a uk retailer. you can get a 30 lb wing, ss bp, one piece harness, and 2 cam bands for roughly 360 gbp.

I look at quality and price, then get the best I can afford. I have a few things here and there by the same manufacturer.

I now dive a BP/W, this is a decision made after owning a couple of jackets, a horsecollar BC, a Mae West, and diving a quite a number of different jackets and horsecollars over a 50+ year span.

I'm not saying that it would be the best choice for your diving, but it is something to think about. Just don't spend too much money for any one thing and later the buyers remorse won't be debilitating.

Have fun shopping

Bob

I look at quality and price, then get the best I can afford. I have a few things here and there by the same manufacturer.

I now dive a BP/W, this is a decision made after owning a couple of jackets, a horsecollar BC, a Mae West, and diving a quite a number of different jackets and horsecollars over a 50+ year span.

I'm not saying that it would be the best choice for your diving, but it is something to think about. Just don't spend too much money for any one thing and later the buyers remorse won't be debilitating.

Have fun shopping

Bob

I agree that unless money is no object, you shouldn't go crazy on buying the most expensive equipment at this stage of your diving. Read a lot on scubaboard and refine your skills, and also consider what kind of diving you'll be doing and where you'll be doing most of your diving. Then the answer will become clear to you.

your on the wrong site to even ask about BCD's if your not diving a backplate and wing you are in the wrong
I wouldn't say out and out wrong but I would say that anyone interested in any form of tech diving, streamlining or optimising their diving gear should be looking at BP&W as opposed to jacket BCD's

Over the years my gear has normally been all of one brand but Dacor ruined all that when they sold out to Mares and we all know what happened after that.
So in recent years I find myself geared up in mainly Scubapro but not exclusively, my BC is Dive-Rite, my weight belt is Dacor, my tanks are Catalina, my dive computer is Oceanic and everything else is Scubapro.
Currently my color scheme is black/grey/silver but in years past it was much more colorful.

You can't go wrong with Scubapro as your first set of gear (kit, if you're from across the pond).

With exceptions, when I see someone with all matching gear down to the trim color I think Brand New Diver.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom